Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to correct apply to number on credit vouchers

How to correct apply to number on credit vouchers #2979

• vandrews
  • Fresh Boarder
We have a new A/P person, when she was entering the credit memos she didn't enter the invoice number in the apply to area, so it is at the defaulted 0 as the apply to. When she went in to select the credits when paying bills she selected the credits to use so they would appear on the check. The credits will not come out of the system. They are still showing up on the vendor accounts along with the checks that they were used on, the checks show as a 0 balance on the report 0. I believe the problem is because the credit memos were not applied against itself when it was originally entered. So when they were used on a check it didn't know where to apply the credits so it applied them to 0. I can not seem to figure out how to change the apply to number or correct the issue in the system.

Any suggestions on how to correct this issue so I can get the credit memos to stop appearing on the open item reports?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to correct apply to number on credit vouchers #2980

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
From AP, Processes, use the re-apply credit memos feature.
www.gainfocus.biz
Worldwide support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, Event Manager and Crystal Reports.

How to correct apply to number on credit vouchers #2981

• vandrews
  • Fresh Boarder
I tried that and it won't let you apply to a credit memo

How to correct apply to number on credit vouchers #2982

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
You want to change the apply-to number of the credit memo, so that the invoice doesn't show as outstanding. You'll need the voucher number of the credit memo. I just tested this, it works.
www.gainfocus.biz
Worldwide support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, Event Manager and Crystal Reports.

How to correct apply to number on credit vouchers #2983

• vandrews
  • Fresh Boarder
I just tried it again... I entered the voucher number of the credit memo and then when I tried to apply it to itself, it tells me it is not a voucher. They were entered as credit memos and a apply to number was not entered at the time. So the apply to is 0.

So when they cut a check and used the credits, the check and the credits are appearing on the open item and aging reports. It won't let me delete the credit memo because it is attached to the check.

How to correct apply to number on credit vouchers #2984

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
Don't apply the credit memo to itself, apply it to an invoice.
www.gainfocus.biz
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds