Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: POP Scrap

POP Scrap #185

We have 7.6.300 with BOM and POP. I am trying to get POP to handle scrap. We might do a POP order for 100 using 50 of one item and 50 of another. We use all 50 of both items but when we count how many we made we only made 98 or 95 or what ever but never 100. Does anyone have this same problem? How do I show scrap?

Thanks.
President of the ABC Users Group. Please if you are in our area come join us.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

POP Scrap #209

• Kruegeme
  • Expert Boarder
Are you reporting production on all 100 or just the completed 98 or 95? It has been our experience that POP is good about getting sub-assemblies built and into inventory as manufactured compents but if you don't plan on stocking them, you have to do an inventory transaction to write off to scrap.

POP Scrap #210

I want to report only the 98 (or what ever I can use) going into inventory. Where do you put the other 2 that we cannot use?

POP Scrap #212

• Kruegeme
  • Expert Boarder
If you actually build all 100 then you really need to report the full 100 otherwise, as I'm sure your already aware, your raw material inventory will be off. I'm not aware of anything in the report for production process that will allow you to move them to scrap. We played with different locations for materials versus finished goods but the BOM drives the end location so you can't switch in mid process.

Depending on how many items make up the BOM, it might be just as easy to report just the quantity that you want to use in the end and then do an inventory adjustment to write off the excees pieces to scrap. If you have a lot of items in your BOM, you will probably want to report the full quantity and then adjust the finished product. Either way, you will be able to document in your inventory adjustment why your writing the material off.

A consultant or other developer might be able to develop something for you that would make this process more efficient.

POP Scrap #214

Thank you for your answer. It is not the one that I wanted but it is the one I came up with too.

You would think that Macaola could do this automatically. Or doesn't anyone but me want to know the scrap factor?

Thanks again.

POP Scrap #215

• Kruegeme
  • Expert Boarder
I know our biggest challenge with scrap is not letting the transaction requests pill up somewhere.

We only report production on finished products so we don't have many POP items that don't go out the door shortly after being built. Its pretty much a 1 for 1 situation.

POP Scrap #221

• T Bury
  • Fresh Boarder
Bill Van Nostrand wrote:
Thank you for your answer. It is not the one that I wanted but it is the one I came up with too.

You would think that Macaola could do this automatically. Or doesn't anyone but me want to know the scrap factor?

Thanks again.

I am new to this forum, so i hope this reaches you.

I have reviewed the answers to your POP issue, and am not sure if you hav the solution you are looking for.

When reporting in POP, you have the option of reporting 98 out of 100 but using all the sub assemblies, if in a "pull", enviroment, or raw materials. There is a flag, "Issue Components Fully", this should let you consume raw material for 100 but only report 98. Half done. Then you could use a crystal solution to capture the "expected", cost of the finished good, and compare to the "actual", cost of the finished good, calculate the two amounts to equal a scrap factor. I have made acouple of assumptions, but this might be a solution.

POP Scrap #222

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
For those not in a pull environment -- and most are not -- another alternativeis to use adjust material issue. After completing 98 pieces in the example provided, go to POP, Trx, Asjust material issue. the amount issued at this point will be for 98 units, and you can manually adjust the individual components however you would like, positive or negative.

The huge advantage of doing this versus manually issuing materials as scrap is that the usage is retained with the POP order and is available on historical reporting such as the 'As Built' report.

When the POP order is closed, the difference between the planned quantities and the actual quantities are charged to WIP variance.
www.gainfocus.biz
Worldwide support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, Event Manager and Crystal Reports.
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds