Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Event Manager Auto-Reply

Event Manager Auto-Reply #2175

• ASH
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello all,

First, you will have to forgive my lack of knowledge towards this software. I was placed with a task of learning how to create an Auto-Reply message with Event Manager. I have never used Event Manager, hence the reason I am here. We have an orders@companyname.com account and when an email is sent to that account, we want a confirmation email to be sent to the from account, but we want it done through this software. If there are any guides or steps that that any of you could point me to; or if you know yourself and wouldn't mind sharing your information :D , I'd really appreciate it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Event Manager Auto-Reply #2176

• wynohrad
  • Junior Boarder
Ash,

That is kind of a loaded question. It is certainly doable. In order to do so, you have to be set-up to monitor your incoming email account, then be able to have an account set-up to send from. The best place to get that info is from the EEM manual (Doc ID: 19.550.713). You will need your portal un/pw to get in. Read through the specific areas on monitoring and sending emails. You may come up with some more specific questions.

Tony
Tony Wynohrad
Business Director
Gamma Vacuum

Event Manager Auto-Reply #2177

• ASH
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your quick response! After I figure out what the EEM Manual is and where it is located, I'm sure I'll be okay. Again, my apologies for having no knowledge of this software.

Event Manager Auto-Reply #2178

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
He told you where it is located, it is document # 19.550.713. If you do not know how to get into the Exact customer portal to retrieve a document you need to talk to your reseller or Exact customer advocate.
www.gainfocus.biz
Worldwide support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, Event Manager and Crystal Reports.

Event Manager Auto-Reply #2179

• ASH
  • Fresh Boarder
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? That Doc # doesn't seem to be correct. Here's what I did, Exact Event Manager>Search the Knowledge Base>type in Doc #.. But nothing comes up.

Event Manager Auto-Reply #2180

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
I do not have this option from Event Manager. All you need to do is go to the Exact portal, log in, and look for the document number. Are you using the Vineyardsoft Knowledgesync Event Manager, or the new Exact event Manager? Everyone has pretty much used the Vineyardsoft Knowledgesync product until very recently. I am a reseller and do not even have a copy of the Exact Product yet.
www.gainfocus.biz
Worldwide support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, Event Manager and Crystal Reports.

Event Manager Auto-Reply #2181

• ASH
  • Fresh Boarder
Vineyardsoft is the one we have. I got those options by going to exact.com, perhaps that is wrong?

Event Manager Auto-Reply #2182

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
Did you log into the customer portal? You have to have a username and password, supplied by Exact.
www.gainfocus.biz

Event Manager Auto-Reply #2183

• ASH
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes, I logged in and I got a pane on the left with the Product Choices and then on the left Support, Customer Advocate, User Community, Training, Professional Services and News and Updates. I don't see anything refering to the Doc ID.

Event Manager Auto-Reply #2184

• wynohrad
  • Junior Boarder
Log in. On the left menu, click knowledge base. Enter the doc id number from above. The manual should be the only item on the list.
Tony Wynohrad
Business Director
Gamma Vacuum

Event Manager Auto-Reply #2185

• ASH
  • Fresh Boarder
Tried that multiple times, this is what I get..

Your search - 19550713 - did not match any documents.
No pages were found containing "19550713" .

Suggestions:
Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.

Event Manager Auto-Reply #2187

• Culex
  • Fresh Boarder
It is true this document cannot be found using the new Google search in the customer portal, therefore for those that can see the document could you open the link in a new window/tab and copy/paste the url so it can be followed to the correct document?
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds