Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: EM/e-Synergy authentication fails

EM/e-Synergy authentication fails #1140

• HPadam
  • Fresh Boarder
I hope someone can help me with my problem with IIS, here is our current setup; we have SQL 2005 and IIS running on two different Windows 2003 servers. E-Synergy and Event Manager are installed on the IIS server, SQL2005 is installed on a SQL server and our Globe application is installed on a Terminal Server for user access. Everyone can log into e-Synergy and Globe without any problems using their own credentials from any computer. However, when I try to log into e-Synergy on the IIS server I keep getting the prompt for username and password. I have tried several different accounts, but none can login. After entering the password three times IE displays a “You are not authorized to view this page” (HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials. Internet Information Services (IIS)) error page.

I have made sure that the e-Synergy site is trusted in Internet Explorer and to use “Automatic logon with current user name and password”. Everything was working fine about a month ago and as far as I can tell, nothing has changed in our environment other than installing Windows Updates.

This problem prevents us from logging into the e-Synergy website from Event Manager and prevents us from creating new workflows within Event Manager.

We are currently running v372 (of e-Synergy & Globe) and v5.7 of Event Manager.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Any help is appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

EM/e-Synergy authentication fails #1147

• Shawn
  • Senior Boarder
I am not certain of the this exact issue but I can give you some info to help trouble shoot it.
First when you are at the login prompt I am not sure if you are using the short name or forcing the domain name but try both IE..
U: shawn
P: XXXXX
or
U: shawn@igoergo.com
P: XXXXX

also Check the settings in IIS

1. Right click the Site select permissions
make sure the group or in my case the domain users have access

2. IIS right click the site select properties
Directory Security Tab
Authentication and access control (edit)
in my set up I use
Integrated Windows Authentication
and Digest authentication for windows domain servers
my realm: is listed below as well

Check these things since given the error your are getting points to these 2 areas
another thing to look at is look at the event logs and see if there are any entries at the time your are trying to login.

Shawn Gamble
Information Services
979-778-0502 ext. 143
979-778-0408 fax
Shawn@igoergo.com
http://www.neutralposture.com

Women’s Business Enterprise

EM/e-Synergy authentication fails #1149

• HPadam
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for getting back to me Shawn,
We are using the compelete username with domain information (username@domainname.com) for the login. I have also confirmed the permissions in IIS, everything is set to how you suggested. Everything was working correctly before, but for some reason now we cannot login to E-Synergy from our Web server. I'm now talking to Exact Tech support, hopefully we can get to the bottom of this problem.

I'll post our findings as soon as I can.

EM/e-Synergy authentication fails #1226

• HPadam
  • Fresh Boarder
Just to let everyone know, it seems that a patch (MS08-068) caused all our authentication failures on IIS. I followed http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896861 to solve the problem. I don't know if anyone else has come across the same issue, but hopefully this will help...
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds