Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Deleting items in E-synergy

Deleting items in E-synergy #864

• be05x5
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone knows the sql command to delete items within e-synergy.

I have some 350 items that we are changing in Macola....

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deleting items in E-synergy #879

I'd be a bit careful using SQL to delete items unless you know that no documents or workflow are linked to them. You could get into serious trouble in short order if that was the case.

I'm assuming you mean the items that are in the Logistics area of the system, that are under assortments?

Don't forget, if you are merely "changing" item numbers, you can re-code them easily in e-syn. Or easily move them to a new assortment.

So you may not really need to delete them at all.
Ann
Ann Roos Hayner
Omaha NE

Deleting items in E-synergy #880

• be05x5
  • Expert Boarder
Actually I was wondering what the SQL statement was in the program it self. I found out that if you call this webpage it will do the trick:

BLItem.asp?action=5&ItemCode=1170SN-ES%&CountryCode=

where 1170SN-ES is the item code. This will delete this item completely if you leave countrycode= (blank)

Deleting items in E-synergy #883

• KellyC
  • Junior Boarder
I absolutely would not recommend using the above method to delete an item from e-Synergy.

Item creation can and will hit multiple items tables, dependant upon many items characteristics. The item may or may not have multiple records in the ItemCountries tables, ItemNumbers, etc., etc.

Likewise, item deletions require many checks and balances to ensure that all related table entries are not randomly deleted if they have ties (contracts, pricing, relations, ...)

Remember always when thinking about e-Synergy data: ALL business logic resides in the repository - flat sql does not address all of the underlying links, ties and validations.

Not to be a party-pooper, but publicly posting a non-sanctioned sql statement for deletion of key master-data would open up many professionals and non-professionals here to unintentional liabilities.

Exact does have a little-known product called eAdmin, which uses the e-Synergy repository to mass insert, update or delete data. For some functions, you do have to prepare an excel (.csv or .xls file) which eAdmin then converts to xml and pushes it through the repository and performs the appropriate actions based upon the business logic. i.e. the deletions are checked, logged and only occur when all requirements are met. (linked to workflow = can't delete...)

I'd contact Exact or your Partner reseller from some expert guidance in this undertaking.

Deleting items in E-synergy #884

• be05x5
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks.
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds