Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: customer documents

customer documents #688

Where can we find information about linking documents to a specific customer card? For example we have a company generated report and or jpg. file and want to link it to certain customers and have been unsuccessful. Thanks for your assistance
Rick
The administrator has disabled public write access.

customer documents #689

• PKramer
  • Junior Boarder
In order to link a document to a customer you need to go to the document in e-Synergy and select the account on the document itself.

You must be creating a document in a category that links to accounts. To confirm this go to:
- Documents (in top menu)
- Maintenance (in sub mentu)
- Miscellaneous: Main categories/Categories/Subcategories
- Select the category that you want (i.e. "Customers")
- Confirm that the account option is set to "Yes (Optional)" or "Yes (Mandatory)"

Now when you create/edit a docoument in that category it will allow you to select a customer/account to link the document to. Note: you can only link the document to one customer.[/img]

customer documents #740

• SLeete
  • Senior Boarder
If want to link the document directly to the customer card instead of drilling down on the documents hyperlink in the monitor section. You can add a free GUID field to the account card, setting it for documents. From this field on the account card you could directly attach the document.

I have suggested this strategy for a company that wanted to gather different marketing information depending on the type of account. We opted to use a request (for the search-ability), but we also didn't want the request to get lost in a long list. So we set a free GUID field on the account card for requests and then attached the specific request there. The specific and unique marketing information was now only one click away.
Scott Leete
Presales, Principal

Exact Software North America LLC

T +1 407 602 6088
F +1 866 544 5456
scott.leete@exact.com
http://www.exact.com
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds