Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SOI Installation

SOI Installation #2399

• timkiel
  • Fresh Boarder
How can an Exact Synergy Enterprise user install the Synergy Office Integrator without being administrator on the web server?

Upon launching an office program (ie Outlook) after the initial install of the Synergy Office Integration the Configuration Wizard is displayed.
After entering the Web Address, username, and password it performs a check of pre-requisites.
If user credentials with local admin privileges on the web server is used, it works. If any other user's credentials is used it fails on the Connection step ("System cannot setup a connection to your Synergy environment. Please contact your system administrator.")
However after successfully getting past this step with the admin credentials, then the user's credentials to actually use the integration is fine.
The Synergy Enterprise user is a local Administrator to the client machine.

In a test of adding Domain Users to the local Administrators group of the web server seemed to overcome this. However obviously this is not practical.
What action is taking place at this point that would require elevated permissions and what could be modified to allow this to go through? (ie. double hop ticket issue, iis setting, browser setting, specific folder rights, etc)

What is the alternative?

Support simply says this is not supported beyond internal network use and therefore cannot answer. I hoping someone else has run into this and have some ideas.
I have since been able to reproduce the same failure for internal as well. (client machine in same domain and subnet as server, server containing both the database and iis)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SOI Installation #2432

• stenkate
  • Fresh Boarder
I had the same problem today.
The onyl solution that worked for me (and what was advised by my Exact partner), was adding the Domain user to the local administrator group.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds