Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Division populating on new documents

Division populating on new documents #1117

• jmonesmith
  • Fresh Boarder
We have 6 different divisions created in Synergy. We noticed this morning that any new document created from within a project defaults to the division of the account on the project. We anticipated and hoped that the division on any new document would default to the division of the creator, however that is not the case. It doesn't make much sense to me why documents created from within a project wouldn't default to the division of the creator...or at least the division of the project. Any ideas or input?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Division populating on new documents #1122

• HFBH
  • Fresh Boarder
Being a single-division install, I'm afraid I can't address your specific question, but if you have Event Manager you can have an event correct the division in the background after it has been created. But hopefully someone here has had your experience and knows a way to prevent it from happening in the first place.

H

Division populating on new documents #1162

When you say you creating a document from "within a project" do you mean you are attaching a document to a project? If the division field is visible for that document main category, the creator should be able to change the division I would think. Check the fields that are allowed on that main document category that is being used.
Ann Roos Hayner
Omaha NE
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds