Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Modifying Pick Ticket Crystal Report

Modifying Pick Ticket Crystal Report #2852

• tjbennett
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am trying to add the BIN # to the Pick Ticket (CRYSTAL REPORT). The problem is that to add a table (iminvbin_sql) I have to first “Update” the Macola database “schm11046-3” to my ODBC to Macola 001 data tables. Otherwise it says I’m using data from two different databases.

The problem is that there is something inside the report that breaks, when run I get a “Run-time error ‘9’, Subscript out of range” error.

I've looked at all the sub-reports and they are all using the correct database (as far as I can tell). :(
Last Edit: by tjbennett.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Modifying Pick Ticket Crystal Report #2853

• pshirley
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
What version of Macola ES?

If 9.5.800 or later, you will need to add any additional tables using the Globe drivers.
Peter Shirley
www.erpessentials.com

Modifying Pick Ticket Crystal Report #2854

• tjbennett
  • Fresh Boarder

I do see sub-reports that might work, POP Features (1), Shop Floor Features (1). But I can't seem to get them to work either. All I want is to be able to show the BIN Number and the Part Number as a BarCode. I haven't yet figured out what makes the sub-reports work (Select Expert, Suppress rules?). :angry:
Last Edit: by tjbennett.

Modifying Pick Ticket Crystal Report #2857

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
In the unaltered OE picking ticket - macoepikfrm.rpt - there is already a subreport with bin data in it in details C. The report is called "PrntBItm". Rick click it and select "Edit subreport".

That said, depending on your OE and IM package settings, and the timing of when you print the pick ticket, there will be no info in this section of the report.

Are you using Hard or Soft allocation? At what point in the process do you print your pick tickets?
www.gainfocus.biz
Worldwide support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, Event Manager and Crystal Reports.

Modifying Pick Ticket Crystal Report #2858

• tjbennett
  • Fresh Boarder
We use soft allocations, and the Pick Ticket gets printed after the order is entered.

Modifying Pick Ticket Crystal Report #2859

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
In that case, there is no bin information tied to the order at that time. This info is in the imbintrx_sql table, which is not populated at order entry time unless you are using hard allocation. You can either:

1) print the pick tickets after the items have been picked, shipped or selected for billing (dependent on OE package settings)
2) change to hard allocation
3) modify the subreport to print the presumed bin on the subreport, ignoring the imbintrx_sql fields. The logic for the presumed bin is something you will need to work out.
www.gainfocus.biz
Worldwide support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, Event Manager and Crystal Reports.

Modifying Pick Ticket Crystal Report #2860

• tjbennett
  • Fresh Boarder
Isn't there some way to get the iminvbin_sql table and pick the bin_no field? Just tie the item_no to the oeordlin_sql item_no field?

Modifying Pick Ticket Crystal Report #2861

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
There are 2 issues to stop you from doing this.

1) Because the ES pick ticket is based off a temporary table that the program generates, you must use a subreport. This was not true in earlier version of ES.

2) Even if the above issue didn't exist, there is potentially a many-to-one relationship between orordline_sql.item_no and iminvbin_sql.item_no. This is why I made the point that your subreport will have to have logic to decide the "preferred" bin. If a many-to-one relationship does exist, you'll get each line of oeordlin_sql repeating for as many iminvbin_sql records as there are for that item.

Now all that said, what are you trying to accomplish? What is the bigger picture? You are going to print barcodes on the pick ticket and do what with them exactly? Scan them into what program? I am unconvinced that printing barcodes on the pick ticket will solve your business problem, whatever it may be.
www.gainfocus.biz

Modifying Pick Ticket Crystal Report #2862

• tjbennett
  • Fresh Boarder
It is not so much the Bar Code that is the issue, we just use it so that when they pull parts they scan on the Pick Ticket and then the BIN label to ensure they are pulling the correct part (we have a simple DB that compares the 2 numbers and confirms they are equal). There in lies why I also want the BIN No to show on the Pick Ticket so they now which BIN to go to.

Modifying Pick Ticket Crystal Report #2863

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
What WMS System are you using? Have you looked at Wisys?
www.gainfocus.biz

Modifying Pick Ticket Crystal Report #2864

• tjbennett
  • Fresh Boarder
None, we are trying at the moment to go cheap (inexpensive). If I could get the BIN No to print it would do everything we need at this time. Which is a lot less money than the price of a WMS (Wisys) system. We did just get Visual Planner which also does what we need at the moment.

Modifying Pick Ticket Crystal Report #2865

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
OK I told you how to get the bin # on the report, but you have to figure out how to resolve the one-to-many relationship (assuming there are multiple bins per item).
www.gainfocus.biz

Modifying Pick Ticket Crystal Report #2866

• tjbennett
  • Fresh Boarder
Now that I think of it, I don't think we do have multiple BIN's per item. So it may be easier than we thought. :cheer:

Modifying Pick Ticket Crystal Report #2867

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
If you don't have multiple bins per item, what is the point in using bins at all? Just scan the item.
www.gainfocus.biz

Modifying Pick Ticket Crystal Report #2869

• tjbennett
  • Fresh Boarder
Lots of similar, but different, small parts. Easiest way to keep separate.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds