Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sales Returns

Sales Returns #616

• Sween
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

Periodically, we have a customer that wants to return our product for credit. To accomplish this, we issue them a credit memo when the goods are received. The problem is that our system currently accounts for credit memos via the following entry:
Sales $$
A/R $$

I would like to start quantifying our returns via a sales returns and allowances account (instead of simply netting the return against sales).

Does anyone know how to accomplish this in Macola Progression? The O/E Setup screen asks for a "Return Goods Susp" account number, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sales Returns #619

Several things to note:
1. If you use the RMA module you could track the returns (and that module is the one that uses the returned goods suspense account) and receive the goods back in via the RMA.
2. If you issue a credit memo through the AR module you could control the account that the system is putting the debit to (rather than sales).
3. That makes this a 2 step procedure instead of using the Credit Memo in OE but you gain visibility of the reason for the return (in the RMA process) and the accounting entries are what you want. You do not make an entry to sales history with an AR credit memo and that may matter to you also.
Ann Roos Hayner
Omaha NE

Sales Returns #622

• Sween
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your reply...I reviewed your posting with the person that normally processes our CM's. We have the following questions:

1) We have not historically processed CM's via the AR module because doing it this way does not provide a hard copy of the CM that can be mailed to the customer. Do you know if there is a way that allows you to print a CM via the AR module?

2) The O/E setup has something called the Returned Goods Suspense account. What does this do? Currently, we have the Sales Returns & Allowances account set up for this account. Although we have this coded into this account, we can not seem to determine when this account is utilized.

Your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Sales Returns #624

The return goods suspense account is used by the RMA module.

To process credits that need hard copy sent use the service invoices in the AR Module.

Give that a try.
Ann
Ann Roos Hayner
Omaha NE

Sales Returns #628

• Sween
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Ann,

I met again w/ the person who processes our CM's. We are going to look further into the service invoices in AR Module.

Would you please expand on the returned goods suspense account used in the RMA module. As I indicated, we currently have this field coded in the O/E setup to use our Sales Returns & Allowances account; however, it does not appear that this account is being debited when we process RMA's via the RMA module.

If you would prefer that I call you to discuss I am happy to do so - please provide contact info.

Thanks again.
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds