Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: MTD Sales Status

MTD Sales Status #573

• Sween
  • Fresh Boarder
What is the easiest way to check where the company is at in the middle of the month in terms of sales. I can't simply run an income statement, because various modules have not been interfaced with the G/L.

Does someone have a sort of check list of which reports to run (Income statement + Shipped not billed report total + other, etc. = equals MTD sales)? This would be helpful to run when wanting to know how the month looks.

Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

MTD Sales Status #574

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
The easiest way to do this is simply interface with the GL every day and run your income statement.
www.gainfocus.biz
Worldwide support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, Event Manager and Crystal Reports.

MTD Sales Status #575

• Sween
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

That is not possible, because, as I said, not all modules are interfaced daily (for various reasons). Any other suggestions?

MTD Sales Status #576

Sween wrote:
Hello,

That is not possible, because, as I said, not all modules are interfaced daily (for various reasons). Any other suggestions?

Hello,
I was not certain if you are looking for "Full Financials" or just indicators for sales performance.

At my firm we are interested in the revenues for a guide for Mid month status. I have used the reports from "Order Processing"> "Reports/Graphs"> "Sales History"> "By invoice Date / Customer". This will only give informatiom on Sales in the Inventory master (ie freight and misc. items not included) but does give you a Gross Margin guide for sales for a date range you select. This information is available as soon as invoices are posted to A/R. I am not certain if you can get a report for shipped and not yet invoiced without knowledge of your company's particular business Procedures.

If your firm uses the recurring / services invoicing in A/R you might like to look at that area as well.

Additionally if you can run the "summary" report for the Interface to g/l from Account Receivable for the revenues side and the same from the Inventory Management for the cost of sales and the manufacturing information. These reports are run for date range selcted by the user.

I can help some more please let me know.
Bob Eaton
Staff Accountant
Filters Unlimited / World Wide Filtration / All American Filter
Baytown, TX

MTD Sales Status #577

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
sween,

Is there some reason you cannot start interfacing daily? I mean this only takes a few seconds per day to submit. That seems a small price to pay to get the info you need.
www.gainfocus.biz
Worldwide support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, Event Manager and Crystal Reports.

MTD Sales Status #582

1. Interfacing various modules could take minutes or hours depending on the number of transactions a company performs. Most companies do interface at least weekly but there may be reasons not to do that.

2. Suggestion - there is a lovely System Report that is neglected called Journal History Report. It is in the System Manager/Reports folder. It is a dandy recap of all activity for a date or range of dates. That would probably be the best way to get interim information about billing, payables, etc. Give that a try and let me know what you think.
Ann
Ann Roos Hayner
Omaha NE
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds