Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Stories, please. How did the upgrade go?

Stories, please. How did the upgrade go? #601

• rus_hajek
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Stories, please. How did the upgrade go?
Russell Hajek
Rus_Hajek@yahoo.com
ERP Manager, Omron
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gayarubus

Stories, please. How did the upgrade go? #656

• PaulO
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, the upgrade went well despite some set backs. Two of our people signed on to 7.6.300 in the middle of the conversion from home (VPN) and it blew up the conversion which set us back. (We did the converison during shutdown July 4th week).

I think the biggest problem was with integrating ES and eSyenrgy. We used both 7.6.300 and eSyenrgy prior to moving to ES. When we manually entered customers and suppliers in eSyenrgy we did so to exactly match what wa in 7.6. Unfortunaltely, the DB merge program matched some but not others. We ended up with a lot of new customer and supplier numbers as it reassigned them. Plus, the eSynergy documents and work flows we under one customer, which was not the new integrated ES customer number. So we have to do a lot of SQL queries to straighten that mess out.

Other than that, all is well.

Accouting is struggleing some what with the new ES financial package. Appliying partial customer payments sometimes works, sometimes does not.

We make financial statements using the new Excel add in. It takes 5 minutes to generate off ES. But the ES statements are lightening fast. We don't know why the speed hit using excel vs. ES. The reason we are using Excel is beacuse the ES statements do not break out GL acconts by cost center. That is sort of stupid - who makes up statements that are not broken out by cost center (department)?

Anyways, we are slowly getting used to ES. The mfg and distrubution people love it.

Paul

Stories, please. How did the upgrade go? #661

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Just my 2 cents, but I highly recommend that you convert masterfiles only, no history.

Whatever you need from a historical perspective you can continue to get out of Progression.
www.gainfocus.biz
Worldwide support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, Event Manager and Crystal Reports.
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds