Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Crystal report conversion??

Crystal report conversion?? #386

• ifrydr
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

New to Macola and Crystal.... I think I found the right information but would like to be sure. We have some crystal reports that have errors when trying to refresh, (betrieve, dll, dictionary etc.) I think it has to do with the fact that they have not been run since Macola was upgraded to v7.6.3. I think I converted one correctly but wanted to see if anyone could point me to a process doc or something that outlines the correct way to fix this issue.

Hopefully this question makes sense....

Thanks!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Crystal report conversion?? #387

• Kruegeme
  • Expert Boarder
For specific conversion documentation, I would recommend looking on the Business Objects website for how to convert the database driver on a report.
I'm not familiar with Crystal 8.5 which I'm assuming your using but I do know that the process is different between version 7 and version 11.

In version 7, the process is very straight forward. You basically have to start by convertring the database driver, then you update the database location. In some cases, I have found you have to 'Show SQL' and refresh this to update all the database links appropriately.

Crystal report conversion?? #423

Look in the macola infor mine under Crystal. It has a Doc that describes how to do it. I printed it off but didn't save the number of the doc. It should still be there.
President of the ABC Users Group. Please if you are in our area come join us.
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds