Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Up Graded to sp C and need help

Up Graded to sp C and need help #385

Some of the Crystal reports don't print. I am using Crystal reports 7 but I have Crystal 8.5 inside Macola becasue that is all they let you have. Do I need to upgrade my Crystal to 8.5?

In the notes I get this error: "unrecognized control. GA,001" I click OK and it goes away but what is it? how do I eliminate it.

Thanks for your help.
President of the ABC Users Group. Please if you are in our area come join us.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Up Graded to sp C and need help #388

• Kruegeme
  • Expert Boarder
I wouldn't think you would have to update your designer if you are only updating your custom reports. We are running ES with Crystal 7 on most workstations. As long as ES is installed after Crystal 7, the reports run fine. If you install 7 after the application, the canned reports just sit there like they are running - forever. To fix ES, we just re-run the workstation installation.

I'm assuming you are getting the error when trying to run a canned report in Progression. Is this correct?

Up Graded to sp C and need help #389

Actually we are not running ES we are running Progression 7.6.300C. I have Crystal reports outside of Progression that do not work on certain workstations. On those same workstations other Crystal standalone reports work fine. I know that it is workstation related but need help in finding the problem. I copied over the subdirectory windows/crystal from a machine that runs this report to a machine that doesn't run it and that did not help. I have reinstalled the Progression client several times and that didn't work. I do not have Crystal running on any workstations, I have distributed the reports to the work stations. and only some reports don't run on some workstations.

I hope I made myself a littler clearer.

Up Graded to sp C and need help #391

• Kruegeme
  • Expert Boarder
Are the reports that work and don't work on the same machine all compiled and distributed using the same process? Are you running the compiled reports from a network directory that you compiled them too or are you moving the exe file to the local workstation?

You said that you moved over the Crystal sub-directy but did you register the dll's that were different between workstations?

Regards,
Marc

Up Graded to sp C and need help #392

I forgot about registering the dlls. I don't remember how.I will have to look that up. Unless you can tell me.

They are Distributed to the network then I run setup from that directory. I don't complile them at all. I use the Distribution Expert. And yes I do it the same way each time. I even redid them so I was sure.

Thanks Marc.

Bill

Up Graded to sp C and need help #393

• Kruegeme
  • Expert Boarder
If you include the DLL's in the distribution and then run the setup, I would assume that it registers the required DLL's for each report. Since upgrading Progression did you rerun the setup for each report? Wondering if the Progression upgrade wrote over some of the registerred DLL's.

I usually fumble thru registering dll's. I think it is something like c:\windows\system32\regsrv32 c:\windows\crystal\xxxx.dll under Start\Run.

Regards,
Marc

Up Graded to sp C and need help #394

• keain
  • Fresh Boarder
The easiest way to register the dlls is to open a cmd line and path to the directory where the dll resides. Then, execute the following:

for %1 in (*.dll) do regsvr32 /s %1

This will register all the dlls in the directory at once.

Up Graded to sp C and need help #396

Thank you so much I had forgotten that. I did it but didn't help.

I did put 2 and 2 together and realized that the only reports that don't work are ones I took from Macola and reworked. I took some of the ICR and redid some of the report. Those don't work. I don't have time to fix this so I am just going to rewrite the reports and move on.

Thank you so much for your help.
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds