Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What Period are Packages like AP and AR using

What Period are Packages like AP and AR using #3041

• pebkac
  • Fresh Boarder
It has been asked of me to run some custom queries and build reports for each package(OE, AP, AR, PR, ect.) using their corresponding Periods(Period Start and End Dates). The problem I am running into is I can't seem to find the table where the packages are stored with their package_codes(AP, OE, AR) and their Period_Ids. I have found where the Periods are stored. They can be found in syprdfil_sql. Each entry has a unique prd_key. I know this is where the periods are stored because inside Progression Explorer >> System Manager >> Maintain >> System Periods >> I was able to make changes to each of them, one at a time, and determine which prd_key goes to what package. At the same time verified there was one row in syprdfil_sql for each package displayed in the drop-down boxes(AP, AR, OE, PR, ect).

Where are the table(s) that hold this information for the different packages? I have attached a couple of screenshots to help everyone understand what I'm asking for.

Many thanks for any help!
Attachments:
Last Edit: by pebkac.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Period are Packages like AP and AR using #3047

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
It is the SYPRDFIL_SQL table you are looking for. I am guessing you cannot determine which record belongs to which module. Am I correct?
www.gainfocus.biz
Worldwide support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, Event Manager and Crystal Reports.

What Period are Packages like AP and AR using #3049

• pebkac
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes, I have found the syprdfil_sql table and figured out that's where the period records are stored. You are correct, the only way I was able to determine which record belongs to which module was to make a change to a period for each module one at a time and observe which changed by querying the syprdfil_sql table. If there is a table that stores module data including which period record belongs to which module, I'd rather include that table in my queries. Many thanks for the help dgillz!

What Period are Packages like AP and AR using #3051

• pebkac
  • Fresh Boarder
A fellow member of tek-tips, Macola10, was able to get me an answer. This information is actually in the Knowledge Base. I am posting what he posted on tek-tips...
According to the knowledge base.... the prd_key feild in the SYPRDFIL table represents the modules as follows

1 = General Ledger

2 = Accounts Receivable

3 = Accounts Payable

4 = Payroll

5 = Assets& Depreciation

6 = Bank Book

7 = Currency Manager

8 = Inventory Management

9 = Order Entry

A = Purchase Order

B = Bill of Materials

D = Manufactured Cost Accounting

There is a line for a C period key. This relates to the application that appears in system period maintenance called JE. This is not a valid application and is not used at all; it typically will default to 1994 dates in the table.

Knowledge Base document 26.271.512
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds