Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: MRP EXPLODE_FG field

MRP EXPLODE_FG field #2988

• jreppert
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Here I go again with a weird problem.

We found that a few items are not showing up in the End-Item pegging report. After checking the setups on the items, the dates, etc. I could not find anything different about these particular items. Then I looked in the MRP Requirements table. The only thing I could see that was "different" is that the EXPLODE_FG field is set to "N" on these items. The other items are set to "Y". I sent one of the items to "Y" and the End-Item pegging report works.

Questions: Why are these items not set properly? What sets this flag? Is there any process in Macola that resets this? If I just modify the table (via SQL) will the changes "stay" or will they get reset during the next MRP?

(I run MRP every night.)

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

MRP EXPLODE_FG field #2989

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Are you manually entering MRP orders or forecasts? Or are you merging them into MRP? If you are merging what types of orders are you merging?

The field in question is not visible for a reason. I definitely would not change this data in SQL, I have no idea what would happen if you ran MRP after making this change. There is another reason why the pegging data is not available, but I am unsure what that is at this point.

That said, you could copy the whole thing to another what-if plan, change a couple of flags, regen and check it yourself pretty easily.
www.gainfocus.biz
Worldwide support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, Event Manager and Crystal Reports.

MRP EXPLODE_FG field #2990

• jreppert
  • Senior Boarder
We manually enter SF orders. And SOME Items are setup as Pull when the sales order is entered. The particular items that are NOT showing on the pegging report are NOT pull items, but components of other SF orders that need their own SF order to produce.

(The other reason that I think the issue is with the Explode_FG is, if I write my own Pegging report in Crystal, I do not use the Explode_FG for any reason, so the pegging works correctly - in Crystal.)

tks!

MRP EXPLODE_FG field #2991

• jreppert
  • Senior Boarder
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: MRP ran again, and the EXPLODE_FG that I manually changed to "Y" has changed back to "N". So the 3 items that were not showing up on the Pegging report are still not showing up. The problem is that I don't know what else may not be showing up. These are just the items we are aware of.

:(

MRP EXPLODE_FG field #2992

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
I asked if you manually entered MRP orders. You would do this from MRP->Trx->MRP Order Entry. So please answer this question.
www.gainfocus.biz
Worldwide support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, Event Manager and Crystal Reports.

MRP EXPLODE_FG field #2993

• jreppert
  • Senior Boarder
No we don't enter MRP orders, on SF orders.
Thanks!

MRP EXPLODE_FG field #2994

• jreppert
  • Senior Boarder
oops - ONLY SF orders. (not "on" SF orders)

MRP EXPLODE_FG field #2995

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
That being the case I would initialize all mrp files except the mrp setup file, then regenerate.
www.gainfocus.biz

MRP EXPLODE_FG field #2996

• jreppert
  • Senior Boarder
Do you mean Initialize the MRP files from the System Modules (except the setup file) or Initialize during the MRP Regen? I always initialize during MRP Regen.
tks

MRP EXPLODE_FG field #2997

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
Initializing during regen should do the trick, but I'd try initializing from system manager to see if it makes a difference.
www.gainfocus.biz
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds