Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: SF not Generating correctly

SF not Generating correctly #2954

• jreppert
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
We have our items set up as Pull with routing numbers. Recently we have had several Sales Orders that generated the SF, but the SF Order table does NOT have the Routing number enter, AND the SF Detail table does NOT have any of the lines of detail for the SF order number that was generated.

Does anyone know of a reason, possible a setting that is not correct?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SF not Generating correctly #2955

• bfitz
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
The closest we have had to that situation is if someone had the Y count point set up incorrectly.

SF not Generating correctly #2956

• jreppert
  • Senior Boarder
I will check that. I didn't see any differences in the SF Order Header. And we've made these items before.

SF not Generating correctly #2959

• jreppert
  • Senior Boarder
This is the error my users are getting when they try to modify the SF order that was generated from a Pull item.
Attachments:

SF not Generating correctly #2960

• bfitz
  • Junior Boarder
With the program the term order gets used a lot - sales order, shop order, purchase order. The generated orders menu does refer to both dependent orders and unreleased POs. The item master does not show "create PO from O/E" as being selected?

SF not Generating correctly #2961

• jreppert
  • Senior Boarder
I don't see a Create PO from Order Entry on my Item Master screen.
Attachments:

SF not Generating correctly #2962

• bfitz
  • Junior Boarder
Sorry. I am looking at ES and trying to go from memory for Progression since so many of the inventory and shop floor fields are similar.

SF not Generating correctly #2965

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Late to the party, but this error message means that the status of the order is currently G - Generated. This is as expected for all Pulled items. The error message goes on to say you must create an unreleased order from this generated order before you can modify it. Use the generated order process to do this as the message says.
www.gainfocus.biz
Worldwide support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, Event Manager and Crystal Reports.
Last Edit: by dgillz.

SF not Generating correctly #2969

• jreppert
  • Senior Boarder
I have two new planners and so they are not experienced in SF. Our previous planner quit and only had a short time to do training, so I'm not sure if this is a training issue or a real error in Macola.

BUT, here's the problem:

The SF order is being created in the Generated status for the Pull items. SOMETIMES they can use the Generated SF order, other times they cannot. What I mean by "use" is that Macola will allow them to release the SF order, change the Status, etc. Other times they get the message "Must Use Generated Order Process to Create an Unreleased Order."

The SF order is already Generated. Why do they have to Generate the order? Why only some orders?

The other thing I have noticed is that on the SF orders that seem to be working properly, the SF order shows up in the SFORDFIL table and the component items show up in the SFDTLFIL table. BUT for the SF orders that do not work properly the SF order shows up in the SFORDFIL but the components DO NOT show up in the SFDTLFIL.

This is where I think the problem exists.

HELP.

THANKS!
Attachments:

SF not Generating correctly #2970

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
when you get the message "Must Use Generated Order Process to Create an Unreleased Order." it is not telling you to generate a shop order, it is telling you the order is already generated and you must create an unreleased shop order from the generated orders.

To do this, go to SF->Processes->Order Status Processing->Generated Orders. This process will list all of the unreleased orders (subject to your parameters) and then you can pick which ones to created an unreleased shop order. The next step is of course to release these shop orders.
www.gainfocus.biz
Worldwide support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, Event Manager and Crystal Reports.

SF not Generating correctly #2971

• jreppert
  • Senior Boarder
They still want to know why they have to do this on SOME of the SF orders, but not ALL of the SF orders that are generated by a Pull item.

Thanks!

SF not Generating correctly #2972

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
For independent demand - the customer is ordering the item - 4 things must be in place for forced demand = Pull to generate a shop order: 1) the item must be backorderable; 2) the customer must accept backorders; 3) a BOM must exist and 4) you actually have to create a backorder in order entry, as in the qty to ship must be less than the qty ordered.

For dependent demand - the item is being manufactured to create a subassembly needed in a higher level item - it *should* work pretty much the same, but I would need to do some research. Do you have dependent demand items? Is this even an issue there?
www.gainfocus.biz

SF not Generating correctly #2973

• jreppert
  • Senior Boarder
For independent demand - yes, they meet your 4 criteria.

Yes, we have dependent demand, but we are not having problems with those order. NO issue here.

The ONLY issue is with the independent demand that is created by a Pull item when the Sales Order is entered. All items and customers are set up properly. SOME times the generated SF is fine, some times it is NOT fine. (By FINE I mean that they can release it.)

Please see my previous email about what I noticed in the SF tables (order table and detail table.)

THANKS!!!

And thanks for the quick replies.

Also we are in the process of moving to Macola 10, but that is several months away. We just started the process.

:)

SF not Generating correctly #2974

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
Please clarify. "SOME times the generated SF is fine, some times it is NOT fine. (By FINE I mean that they can release it.)".

Are there orders where the SF order is already unreleased rather than generated?
www.gainfocus.biz

SF not Generating correctly #2975

• jreppert
  • Senior Boarder
The SF is ALWAYS Generated. But they can not do anything with the Generated SF. This happens SOME OF THE TIME on the Pull items.

If you look at the previous attachment, you can see the SF with the item and all of the SFORDFIL header info. There are NO line items (components) in the SFDTLFIL. This is what I think is the problem.

Tks
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds