Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Progression SQL Explorer Crashes on Item No.

Progression SQL Explorer Crashes on Item No. #2907

• pebkac
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all,

We are experiencing some problems with many of our item numbers. When our users go to Progression Explorer >> Inventory Management >> View >> Inventory Trx History and use certain item numbers at certain locations, Inventory Management crashes with the following error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: M:\ macsql\Macexe.exe
abnormal program termination

I click OK and the following error then occurs:

MSL System Warning
Abnormal Cleanup of MacSqlConnMan in MacMSS.dll, No Server Exit Op Provided!
Some Client and Server resources may be left in an unknown state.

I click OK and Inventory Management closes but Progression Explorer is still open. I can open some other views, not all, but definitely can not reopen Inventory Management. In order reopen Inventory Management I must completely close out of Progression Explorer and reopen. When I do close progression it takes a long time to close.

Has anyone seen this before? What could be causing this? I attached some screenshots if that helps. Any help with this is greatly appreciated! :)
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Progression SQL Explorer Crashes on Item No. #2908

• pshirley
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I would run file validations on the inventory files to make sure you don't have some invalid/corrupt data that the programs can't handle.
Peter Shirley
www.erpessentials.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: pebkac

Progression SQL Explorer Crashes on Item No. #2909

• pebkac
  • Fresh Boarder
EDITED: I reran the file validation and am looking into it.

pshirley,

I just ran file validations on the following:

iminvloc

I have located a bunch of entries and will work through them. I'll report back after I look into these. Thanks for you help
Last Edit: by pebkac.

Progression SQL Explorer Crashes on Item No. #2910

• pebkac
  • Fresh Boarder
Alright...the errors I am receiving in iminvloc are,

"INV-LOC-INVENTORY-CLASS: Field Must Be 'A', 'B', Or 'C'."

the errors I am receiving in imitmidx are,

ITEM-KIT-PRICE-ROLLUP: Field Value Is Not Set.
ITEM-KIT-PRICE-ROLLUP: Value Should Be Set To "N".
ITEM-KIT-COST-ROLLUP: Field Value Is Not Set.
ITEM-KIT-COST-ROLLUP: Value Should Be Set To "N".
ITEM-FEATURE-PRICE-OPTION: Field Value Is Not Set.
ITEM-FEATURE-PRICE-OPTION: Value Should Be Set To "N".

Looks like a have to update a whole slew of records and define their inv-class and correct these kit price/cost/feature-price-option values. How should I approach this? Thanks!
Last Edit: by pebkac. Reason: forgot to add important information

Progression SQL Explorer Crashes on Item No. #2911

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
What version of Progression are you running? Also Pervasive or MS SQL?

You mentioned you were getting this error running Progression explorer. What about Progression Workflow Explorer? Is there some reason you are not using the PWE interface? If you do use PWE, is the error any different?

Finally do you know SQL scripts? Chances are very good you'll need to run some.
www.gainfocus.biz
Worldwide support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, Event Manager and Crystal Reports.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pebkac

Progression SQL Explorer Crashes on Item No. #2912

• pebkac
  • Fresh Boarder
dgillz,

Thanks for helping out! I have seen your posts in other places like tek-tips. Super appreciate it. We are running Progression Explorer 7.6.400 MS SQL. We do not use PWE. I am comfortable running SQL scripts. I just have to schedule some maintenance down time but this shouldn't be an issue.

Progression SQL Explorer Crashes on Item No. #2913

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
If you are comfortable with SQL, I would write the SQL scripts to update the 2 tables and get rid of all the errors as Peter suggested.

Also I would open up the 3 tables in SQL management studio and make sure the first record in each table is not corrupt - imitmidx_sql. iminvloc_sql and iminvtrx_sql. If it is corrupt it will be obvious, there will be junk displayed instead of an item number in these tables. If all 3 of those tables look OK, and if you use serials, lots or bins, I would try the same with the imbintrx_sql and imlstrx_sql tables. Just delete any corrupt records.

Please keep us posted.
www.gainfocus.biz
Worldwide support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, Event Manager and Crystal Reports.

Progression SQL Explorer Crashes on Item No. #2914

• pebkac
  • Fresh Boarder
Regarding the errors:

"INV-LOC-INVENTORY-CLASS: Field Must Be 'A', 'B', Or 'C'."

I spoke with our finance/CFO and wanted to know what class these items I'm about to update should be and he does not know. Could someone give an explanation of Class, A, B, and C. I believe I read somewhere that these classes are based on how much the material costs the company or something like that.

Other than that one question I have my queries ready to go all I have to do is bring it down for a minute or two and get these updated. BTW I did check the tables you mentioned. I checked the top 100 and bottom 100 records and everything looks fine. No garbled data. Thanks pshirley and dgillz for the help!

UPDATE: I found the documentation I was looking for...It says that the ABC Analysis reports will assign either an A, B, or C value to the items for you based on Cost or Qty used. I am not sure we use this tool or this inv-class variable so does it matter which report I choose?
Last Edit: by pebkac.

Progression SQL Explorer Crashes on Item No. #2915

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
If you don't use it just make them all a C. Then rerun the report and let us know your findings.
www.gainfocus.biz

Progression SQL Explorer Crashes on Item No. #2916

• pebkac
  • Fresh Boarder
UPDATE:

I had to wait until after the holiday to make the changes. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. Bad news is after making the changes we are still having the same issue using the same item numbers. I have rerun the "file validation" tool on the inventory tables and still have some issues to work through. We are only down to 3 - 6 pages of errors in the reports printed by "file validation" tool. Until I hear back from people on here on how to proceed I will spend some time writing scripts that might clear these remaining errors up. Thanks for the help everyone!

Progression SQL Explorer Crashes on Item No. #2917

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
Did you open the tables in SQL Mgmnt Studio to make sure the first record(s) are not corrupt?
www.gainfocus.biz

Progression SQL Explorer Crashes on Item No. #2918

• pebkac
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes I did and I did not see anything out of the ordinary. I am trying to compare some items that work fine with the others that don't and honestly they look about the same to me. Like I mentioned yesterday, I do still have some errors reported by the file validation tool so I will try to clear those out. If you think of anything else I might try or look at let me know and I'll do it. Thanks dgillz

Progression SQL Explorer Crashes on Item No. #2919

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
If you want to contact me via my website, I'll take a quick look-see @ no charge.
www.gainfocus.biz

Progression SQL Explorer Crashes on Item No. #2920

• pebkac
  • Fresh Boarder
Sent you an email from my personal email account

Progression SQL Explorer Crashes on Item No. #2921

• pebkac
  • Fresh Boarder
Using SQL Server Profiler I ran a trace while using Progression Explorer. The table it queries is iminvtrx_sql. I am carefully comparing an item that works(doesn't crash) in one location but not(does crash) in another and can't seem to find a difference in the data. Wish there was a log file I could look at somewhere to see if there is an out of bounds exception or sql exception being thrown by the application. Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated. Thanks :)
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds