Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Computer Planned orders

Computer Planned orders #2656

• jreppert
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
We are seeing some Computer Planned orders for items and we cannot find the SF order that needs the item. The CP items are not showing up in the pegging reports. Is there any way to tie the CP order number (244 for example) back to what is driving the requirement?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Computer Planned orders #2657

• Mary
  • Fresh Boarder
I find the multi-level pegging report to be helpful. The CP should be triggered by an MR for this item or other Demand. That demand might be the fact that this item or a higher level part that uses this item is below safety stock or reorder point.

Computer Planned orders #2659

• jreppert
  • Senior Boarder
We have 4 items that have this problem. They do NOT show up on the pegging report. Only one of the 4 items shows an MR order associated with the CP order. The MR has 2 SF orders, both of which are completed. So we cannot find what is drive the requirements for these items.
tks

Computer Planned orders #2661

• Mary
  • Fresh Boarder
If you don't normally intialize all MRP files as part of the regen you may want to try that next time to see if these clear. They could be old orders. If someone manually entered CP orders through MRP > Trx > MRP Order Entry the system might not clear them if they are no longer needed.

The other possibility is that they are coming from Master Scheduling and that has not been purged of old orders recently. If these are not the case either then you may want to contact your support resource to assist you in looking at this further.

Computer Planned orders #2662

• jreppert
  • Senior Boarder
I will try the Initialize All MRP files. The other two suggestions do apply as no one enters CP orders and we don't use Master Scheduling.
Thanks!

Computer Planned orders #2663

• jreppert
  • Senior Boarder
I initialized all the MRP files in the regen last night. Bad news. I still have the 4 items showing in the Planned Orders report. They have a CP type order in the MRP tables, but they do NOT have the corresponding MR order that drives the CP. (make sense?)

Computer Planned orders #2664

• Mary
  • Fresh Boarder
:( Try looking at the MRP By Date report for this item and see if there are any other types of demand that might trigger the CP. For example an OE order for this item. Otherwise send the MRP By Date report to your normal support contact and ask them to help you look into this deeper.

Computer Planned orders #2665

• jreppert
  • Senior Boarder
Attached is my MRP by Date crystal report (with extra info) for the problem items. As you can see the CP requirement, and then there is an MR number, but that number 1, 2, 3, and 4 don't tie to anything. See attached.

Computer Planned orders #2666

• Mary
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry the attachment didn't come through. At this point you need to work with your normal support resource so they can help you analyze this.

Unless someone else has any other suggestions.

Computer Planned orders #2667

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Please run a file validation on the item master and item location for the items in question and let us know the results.
www.gainfocus.biz
Worldwide support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, Event Manager and Crystal Reports.

Computer Planned orders #2668

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
Do you have any negative quantities on hand? An initial negative will create a CPO as well, and will not show up on the pegging report.
www.gainfocus.biz
Worldwide support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, Event Manager and Crystal Reports.

Computer Planned orders #2669

• jreppert
  • Senior Boarder
I ran the File Validation for Item Master and Item Location for the 4 items, and I got the Congratulation! No Errors! message. I also check and all 4 items have a quantity on hand - so there is NO negative inventory. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Computer Planned orders #2670

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
Look at the default location of the items in item master maintenance, and also any location where it exists. The go to location maintenance and make sure the "use in MRP/CRP" checkbox is checked. Not checking this box is how you exclude inventory from MRP - for example, customer returns, which may need to be reviewed before they are considered "good" inventory.
www.gainfocus.biz
Last Edit: by dgillz. Reason: spelling

Computer Planned orders #2671

• jreppert
  • Senior Boarder
I checked the Primary Loc for the 4 items and it is the same as all the other items. And, yes, MRP uses that location.

My next thought was that these items had expired lots. Is there any way that MRP is "subtracting" the expired amount from the total, instead of just ignoring the amount? For example, I have 10 kg of an expired lot, and 2 kg of non-expired lot. Would MPR say the Qty available is -8 kg and create a CP order?

Computer Planned orders #2672

• jreppert
  • Senior Boarder
See my attachment. It shows a negative Prior Inv on the MRP report.

You can see that the Prior Inv is -1.8130 and down at the bottom of the report it shows the current inventory stock. Right now there is only one lot showing for 2.1870 kg. The other lot was expired and they have removed it from inventory. It was 4.0000 kg of an expired lot. (The lot was there last night when MRP ran. The remove the lot this morning.)

Let me know if this makes sense. Thanks
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds