Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Make a User-Defined Field Visible in OE Screen

Make a User-Defined Field Visible in OE Screen #2150

• troverman
  • Junior Boarder
On page 2 of the Order Entry - Enter Orders screen, we need the package quantity visible after the part number is entered. For example, if I enter part number 20123 in, the system tells me a description of the part number. However, in addition to the description, I need to be able to see how many pieces are in each package. Right now, the only way to check the status of this is to look on the Item / location screen. In the IMINVLOC table, the standard packaging quantity is stored as User_Def_Fld_5. Apparently, this field number is 58. If I attempt to unhide field #58 in the designer for the Enter Orders screen, it is listed as "Pack Size." The field appears, but is grayed out and does not work when an order is entered.

Years ago (before I started workign here), I was told this functionality existed, but apparently after on of the numerous updates this "pack size" stopped working. I'm guessing there was a screenset change at some point.

Obviously, we have the info I need in the tables, but how can I get it to display once again on Enter Orders screen?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Make a User-Defined Field Visible in OE Screen #2151

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
You cannot add a field from a different table (IMINVLOC) to the order entry screen. All you can do is enable the OEORDLIN.user_def_fld_x. Even then the field itself is only viewable via the "Line User Def" push button, it does not directly display. If you unhide user_def_fld_5 you are getting the one from the OEORDHDR, not the OEORDLIN.

If you own Flexibility, you may be able write code to auto populate this field when the item is entered, but I would need to test this as the field does not display directly.
www.gainfocus.biz
Worldwide support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, Event Manager and Crystal Reports.

Make a User-Defined Field Visible in OE Screen #2152

• troverman
  • Junior Boarder
How do I enable the OEORDLIN.user_def_fld to work via the pushbutton? If I add the push button to the OE enter orders screen, it appears but isn't connected to anything. There is an 'enable' option, but it is grayed out.

Make a User-Defined Field Visible in OE Screen #2153

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
You should be going to screen desiger, go to 2nd page, right click in the gray area and select "unhide". At the very bottom of the list, object #120, is the Line User Def pushbutton. It should be automatically enabled and it is automatically tied to the OEORDLIN_SQL.User_def_fld_x fields. Please remember that anything you have entered in a user defined field prior to enabling this button is actually stored in the OEORDHDR_SQL table.
www.gainfocus.biz
Worldwide support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, Event Manager and Crystal Reports.

Make a User-Defined Field Visible in OE Screen #2154

• troverman
  • Junior Boarder
I did that; when I save and try it, the button is grayed out. In Designer, if I right click, the word "Enable" is grayed out but "Disable" is available (maybe that means it is already enabled). Nevertheless, the button is grayed out in real use and cannot be used. I'm going to export that table now and see whats in the user fields.

Make a User-Defined Field Visible in OE Screen #2155

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
When you go to the 2nd page, actually double click on one of the line items and this button will be enabled. Until you select a specific line item, this is expected behavior.

Also exporting is probably the worst and slowest way to see what is in these fields. Do you have MS SQL Server?
www.gainfocus.biz

Make a User-Defined Field Visible in OE Screen #2156

• troverman
  • Junior Boarder
Unfortunately we are on Btrieve

Make a User-Defined Field Visible in OE Screen #2157

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
Did you get the push button to enable when you select an OE line item?

Are you really truly on btrieve (at least 15 years old) or are you on Pervasive SQL?
www.gainfocus.biz

Make a User-Defined Field Visible in OE Screen #2158

• troverman
  • Junior Boarder
We are on Pervasive 2000i, sorry. Yes, now the push button becomes enabled; however, it does not display the standard pack size. It does display "Booked Qty," "Cubes," "Amt," and "Vendor."

Make a User-Defined Field Visible in OE Screen #2159

• troverman
  • Junior Boarder
Looking at the developer manual, the 5 user defined fields should start at column 486 and end at column 606 (in a text export). In looking at my export of OEORDLIN, there is no data in any of these columns.

Make a User-Defined Field Visible in OE Screen #2160

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
OK there is no field called "pack size" in the Macola database. Anywhere in the Macola database. You indicated earlier that this was stored in one of the IMINVLOC_SQL.user_def_flds.

The only ways to get a field from the IMINVLOC to automatically appear in the user_def_fld of the OEORDLIN is a) modified source code or b) Flexibility

Do you have either?
www.gainfocus.biz

Make a User-Defined Field Visible in OE Screen #2161

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
troverman wrote:
Looking at the developer manual, the 5 user defined fields should start at column 486 and end at column 606 (in a text export). In looking at my export of OEORDLIN, there is no data in any of these columns.

Nor should there be, unless you manually entered something there after clicking on the line user defined push button. What are you expecting and what is your logic in expecting some field value to magically be there automatically?
www.gainfocus.biz

Make a User-Defined Field Visible in OE Screen #2162

• troverman
  • Junior Boarder
OK, let me rephrase: the standard packaging info I'm looking for to display in OE is actually stored in the IMINVLOC table as User_Def_Fld_5; we had custom named it Std Pack years ago. For everyone else, it would be user_def_fld_5, column 929 in the text export of that table.

We do not have Flexibility. I think the code was modified years ago to make the functionality work, but was somehow wiped out with a subsequent update.

When I click on the 120 object button and those 4 fields pop up, where are they getting their info from? OEORDHDR?

Thanks

Make a User-Defined Field Visible in OE Screen #2163

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
troverman wrote:
When I click on the 120 object button and those 4 fields pop up, where are they getting their info from? OEORDHDR?

Yes, OEORDHDR.
troverman wrote:
We do not have Flexibility. I think the code was modified years ago to make the functionality work, but was somehow wiped out with a subsequent update.

This makes sense. Under your macola70 folder, you should have a programs folder. You will have, for example, OEPROG*.lbr and OEPROGUP.lbr. Look for OEPRODED.lbr, or any other .lbr file that contains an "ED" in it. This would indicate modified source code.

What are you going to do with that piece of info if you somehow got it in there? Just curious.
www.gainfocus.biz

Make a User-Defined Field Visible in OE Screen #2164

• troverman
  • Junior Boarder
The only .lbr file i found was one called "RUN700." There are a couple of folders called "Screens", including some called Oescrnfil, but they are all .btr or .ddf files.

The point of having this information in the Enter Orders screen is so that our customer service people can quickly tell a customer on the phone how many pieces are in one package. We price our products by the piece, but they have to be sold by the standard package size for a given part number. Right now, we have to flip between Item / Location and Order Entry. Also, if we enter an order that was faxed in by a customer, the rep entering the order has to check std pkg on each line item to verify it falls within the standard package quantity.

Thanks for your help
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds