Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Barcode solutions

Barcode solutions #107

My company has close to 5000 sku #'s
We currently have a program that was written for us that allows us to enter an order number, and in turn it will print upc labels for each item number listed on the order with total quantities. The problem is it does not allow user manipulation. You can not add logos, change label/font size, ect.
This program also allows me to assign a upc number to any product in my data base that does not have a code in the upc field, with the press of a button.
Are there any programs out there that integrate with Macolas data base
and will provide similar functions to what I already have with more user integration?

Your thoughts are appreciated!

Mike Dreyfus
Trident Diving Equipment
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Barcode solutions #112

• Kruegeme
  • Expert Boarder
I'm not aware of a specific product that focuses on barcodes from Progression but you should be able to use either Crystal Reports or MS Access to create the customizable barcode labels. I'm assuming that after your current application assigns the UPC codes to the items, it writes it back into the Item Master so you might search for a barcode printing tool that can do ODBC links as well as the logos and such. Otherwise, most any VB developer should be able to put something together for you for minimal fee (less than $500) that would allow you to assign logos by item or customer or most any criteria or change on the fly as you print.

We use Crystal extensively for printing packing slips with barcodes for specific customer requirements. Some prompting is used for certain information otherwise it is just formatting the order information into barcodes. You have to have barcode fonts and the Crystal barcode function loaded on the workstation doing the printing.

Barcode solutions #113

Great info, thanks for taking the time to respond.
I was hoping to find an out of the box solution though, which I have since found. For those interested, check out Scanco.com

Barcode solutions #114

• Kruegeme
  • Expert Boarder
Looks like a great combination of add-on products for barcoding and some other functions. Just reading thru their marketing literature sounds like you still might have to use your product for assigning UPC codes to products with the touch of the button. Thanks for sharing.
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds