Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sending email to imported subscriber list

Sending email to imported subscriber list #1461

• mmccarty
  • Fresh Boarder
I have created a subscriber group based on a query and using Subscriber Linking. I want to send an email to each member of the group. For testing I've included some basic humres information in the body of the email. There are 3 of us in the test group; we each get three messages (one for each subscriber). I want each recipient to get one message that is specific to them - kind of a mail merge. What am I missing?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sending email to imported subscriber list #1468

• be05x5
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Under Subscribers tab there is an Advanced tab.
First collection is where you would put a unique field so that you would only send it once to the user.
In the second group (Deliver to a specific email, pager...) is where you put the recepiantes email addres as a database lookup.

Let me know if this needs more clarification.

Sending email to imported subscriber list #1469

• mmccarty
  • Fresh Boarder
On the Subscribers.Standard tab, I have selected the subscriber list (based on a query)

On the Subscribers.Advanced tab, I put a checkmark in the email box for "user" and mapped it to the email field (in the "Message Break Field / Database Lookup Value" section). In the "Deliver to a specific..." section I selected "contains email address to send to" and mapped it to the email field.

There are 3 subscribers on my test list; myself and 2 colleagues. We each got 4 messages - 2 for ourselves and one for the other 2.

Sending email to imported subscriber list #1470

• be05x5
  • Expert Boarder
on Subscribers.Standard tab I would not have anything and if you do have it unchecked.

Under advanced I think it is important that under the user you have a unique indentifier... I have an order number here...

Then below I have the receipients email address...

It works for me like that but I will admit it is kind of confusing to me as well.

Sending email to imported subscriber list #1471

• mmccarty
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for your help! I think I've finally got it. I was very confused by the user manual. Here's what worked:

I pointed to my query, used the Begin Repeat and End Repeat in my email message. On the Subscribers tab I left Standard blank and only used the "Deliver to..." field on the lower part of the Advanced screen. Voila! One message per person with information pertaining to that person.

Don't know if I feel confident enough to try it outside of the office yet, though!

Sending email to imported subscriber list #1472

• be05x5
  • Expert Boarder
Oh yeah I though you knew about that. I use the begin html and end html tags as well to make the emails look like webpages.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gayarubus

Sending email to imported subscriber list #1473

• mmccarty
  • Fresh Boarder
I tried the Begin Repeat and End Repeat earlier in my testing, which resulted in each message containing all the information for all the subscribers so I had taken it out and started over from scratch. Today I put it back in when I got your response and started testing again.

I agree - the HTML messages are so much nicer than the text. Now that I have the subscriber thing working I can format the message. Thanks again for your help!
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds