Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Is Exact's non-support of Office 2007 a problem for you?

Yes, we are running Office 2007 8 50%
Yes, we have not upgraded to 2007 because of this 4 25%
No, we are running Office 2007 and have not had problems 1 6.3%
No, we see no need to upgrade to Office 2007 3 18.8%
Total number of voters: 14 ( dgillz, jmonesmith, Shawn, HFBH, mgerbi ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Office 2007 Support

Office 2007 Support #952

• andyo4
  • Fresh Boarder
I have been using Synergy since about April. I am incredibly frustrated by the fact that they STILL don't support Outlook 2007, more than 18 months after it was released! I upgraded my company to Office 2007, for what seemed at the time like good reasons, and I keep getting errors from the Outlook Link.

Exact's support dept replies, well, we don't support Outlook 2007 yet. Now, I don't blame the people in Support, but Hey, Exact, it's only the CURRENT VERSION of the number one-selling E-Mail client in the World! Don't break your legs running to issue an update or anything!

I was hoping that if we make a little noise here, maybe Exact might actually issue an update? Outlook 2007 has only been out for 18 months. Maybe Exact will support it before Microsoft releases the NEXT version of Office?

Andy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Office 2007 Support #984

• rus_hajek
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
This is pretty silly - please get us an update.

I have avoided pushing the Document Management aspects of Synergy and have focused on Workflows because of this weakness. We are workging towards ISO 9000 and this will be important soon.
Russell Hajek
Rus_Hajek@yahoo.com
ERP Manager, Omron

Office 2007 Support #1097

• jerryl
  • Fresh Boarder
There are no recent postings on this issue. Does that mean Exact has started supporting Office 2007?

Office 2007 Support #1102

• andyo4
  • Fresh Boarder
jerryl wrote:
There are no recent postings on this issue. Does that mean Exact has started supporting Office 2007?

Yes and No. Yes in the sense that they say that they are supporting it, at least Outlook 2007 (I haven't asked about Word 2007, but I assume that they are). No in the sense that the new file format for Word is still not supported. It doesn't seem to be too much of a problem, though.

Office 2007 Support #1262

• Shawn
  • Senior Boarder
I have been running exchange 2007 since it came out and running synergy since long before.
I have about 8 users that have office 2007
I do not have any major issues since I have work arounds for most issues.
If you use any Complex Excel Reports there are some Macro issues and reformating things and i have a few workarounds for the errors.
as far as outlook and word i have not had any major issues but i also make sure my users are not using the new file extensions as well.

as far as support goes i do not blame them although it does frustrate me.
I blame Exact Dev team. and the excutives
They need to get on the ball SQL 2005 and exchange 2007 with office 2007 should be the standard for any new system deployed so they better have thier shit togerther to support it.
They need to be working forward when developing. using system like this to develop and test in.
If i were them they should have at least a few Test systems running windows 7 (client) and Windows Server 2008 and SQL 2008 testing Right now.
If they don't then WTH are they thinking ? I mean I already have test bed for this setup ? why wouldn't they ?

Shawn

Shawn Gamble
Information Services
979-778-0502 ext. 143
979-778-0408 fax
Shawn@igoergo.com
http://www.neutralposture.com

Women’s Business Enterprise

Office 2007 Support #1269

• LIND6453
  • Fresh Boarder
Shawn - just to clarify (because I can't seem to get an answer from Exact on this).

I am trying to figure out if Synergy supports Exchange 2007 - that is the synergy connector/background job works with Exchange 2007 and is able to sync appointments between the 2 applications.

It sounds like this is the environment you have running but just wanted to be clear.

Thanks

Mike
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds