Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Uploading item drawings into Synergy

Uploading item drawings into Synergy #948

We'd like to upload several thousand drawings/pictures of items into Synergy's document table. And of course we'd like the images crross-referenced to the appropriate item number. Due to the volume we'd like to do this via SQL or some other utility. Anyone tried to do this and succeeded?
Ann Roos Hayner
Omaha NE
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Uploading item drawings into Synergy #949

• jaythegeek
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I think this is an excellent question.

We are in the process of photographing all of our major products. We will eventually face this same issue, how to get 2000 images into the database and related to the existing product codes.

eSynergy is where we want the images.

There must be an effective was of doing this?

Uploading item drawings into Synergy #950

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
This is a great question, and I have a somewhat similar project brewing. If you store the image of the item on the documents tab of the item master, it goes into the BacoDiscussions table in a Blob field. If you are going to use this as part of Web Shop, I cannot say if this is the same table or not but this can be determined later.

I found a very interesting article on this subject (disclaimer, it is MySQL and not SQL Server) but a lot of it should be right on. I think this is imminently doable, if difficult, and I would love to see it done myself.

Here is the article I found, it may be helpful:

http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/MySQL/MySQL-and-BLOBs/1/
www.gainfocus.biz
Worldwide support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, Event Manager and Crystal Reports.
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds