Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Seeking good documentation on settings in Workflow types.

Seeking good documentation on settings in Workflow types. #938

• wendy
  • Fresh Boarder
Can some one please steer us in the right direction?

We are using Macola ES 372 Integrated with Synergy. We have spent around 2 weeks trying to understand how the settings work in Workflow Types. We have used the on demand training and searched through the documentation available, but seem to be missing some things.

In Workflow/Maintenance/Request Type/ we select a request type and then use the help key (red question mark) to look up information on the approve section of the workflow type. In doc # 03.191.141, we see some information, but it completely excludes any information about cost centers or cost center groups. Also under the same section (approve) if you select No, the documentation states that "no approval is needed for a request of this type", however it seems that a "role" overrides this.

It appears the online documentation does not match our version of software. Where is the current documentation if it is not linked to our current software?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Seeking good documentation on settings in Workflow types. #940

I've never tried to set the Approval step to NO and also attach a role. I'd have to test it but would hope the role would have no effect as it can't very well be both!

Regarding cost centers and cost center groups, those are part of setting up HR and Financial reporting mostly and only pertain here to limiting the Approval to a role that is defined at the cost center or cost center group level. Cost centers are equivalent for most users to Macola profit centers. Cost Center groups don't seem to be much used and are not well documented.

I'm hoping you've found the Workflow Start Page document 831.175 so check that out if you haven't. It has links to many documents relating to defining and using request types. I love setting them up! They are a blast.

Not sure if that helps or not.
Ann Roos Hayner
Omaha NE

Seeking good documentation on settings in Workflow types. #942

• wendy
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your reply Ann. It is great to get some feedback.

We have used the documentation you pointed out. If you look under "Creating & Maintaining definition, Section Approve" under "levels", there are only 3 definitions (Corporate, Strategic Group, & Division), but when creating a workflow under approve the level options show 5 which include cost center and cost center groups.

We are integrated and therefore only have one division, corporate and strategic group. So the cost center and cost center group are our only options for creating any seperation within our company.

We have many different branches in different cities. We want to create our workflows so only a specific role in a specific branch, can be the approver. So we have spent alot of time testing the cost center and cost center groups and have had some success with making this happen. Most of what we have done is through process of elimination, and are hoping there is more specific help out there.

We are new at the Workflow process, I infact learned alot of what I know from the Exact Conference in April and also through the online training and information. This one seems to be a stumper though!

Also in our current testing, we have created a workflow with the Approval step set to NO and have a role attached. This works for us in our testing. The options for the Approval step do not really apply to this type of workflow for us.

Any other suggestions?

Seeking good documentation on settings in Workflow types. #946

• Dkloepfer
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Can you set up a specific role for each location, with the appropiate resources linked to that role (Resources at that Branch)? Or do you need to create a request which would be modified with the Event Manager to go to a specific branch?

If you wish to wish to pick my brain on this request, send me a message.
Dave Kloepfer
http://www.synergyexpert.com
dkloepfer@synergyexpert.com
[url=http://www.synergyexpert.com:2v9xq3t1]Tips, Tools & Manuals[/url]
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds