Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Spell Check availability in Synergy

Spell Check availability in Synergy #838

• LPie
  • Fresh Boarder
What would the value be for a working spell check feature in Synergy to the users of the forum? We’ve been taking a look at web based applets and custom browser applications to allow for spellchecking in Request/Workflow comments, but before going to the second stage of testing we were interested in hearing from the forum group on solutions that may already be available.

Currently a web applet that will embed into Synergy seems like the best approach as to avoid company wide rollout of software but maintaining this along with future Synergy updates may be problematic. Is there any word on whether or not this will be an available feature in future releases of Synergy? Has anyone developed a working solution to the Synergy based spell check issue?
Lucien Piekut
Armour Valve Ltd.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Spell Check availability in Synergy #839

• Axes
  • Fresh Boarder
I use an IE app called iespell. Its not perfect but works pretty well.

I also agree that this would be a huge addition to the product.

Matthew - Any plans for this?
AXes

Spell Check availability in Synergy #842

• dgillz
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Actually you should download IE7Pro. This is an IE7 addin that adds many features, and spell checking is amongst them.

Rather than waiting until you have finished typing and hitting spell check, it automatically underlines any unrecognized work in red, just like MS word does.

It also works with ALL web pages, not just your eSynergy site.

Best of all it is FREE.
www.gainfocus.biz
Worldwide support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, Event Manager and Crystal Reports.

Spell Check availability in Synergy #843

• SLeete
  • Senior Boarder
I have used the IE spell check add-in for a number of years. I was not aware of the new IE7Pro. The older product used to be shareware with a fee for corporate use. You may want to verify the "free" status of the software if you are planning to use it across your company.

I briefly checked the http://www.ie7pro.com/index.php and could not find anything either way.
Scott Leete
Presales, Principal

Exact Software North America LLC

T +1 407 602 6088
F +1 866 544 5456
scott.leete@exact.com
http://www.exact.com

Spell Check availability in Synergy #860

• be05x5
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Google toolbar has a spell check capability that works beautifully. You will also notice that all new Dell computers have Google desktop installed by default. As a matter of fact I just misspelled capability and beautifully and I used the spell check to fix it.
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds