Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sytem generated workflows

Sytem generated workflows #809

• be05x5
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello everyone,

I would like to have workflows that once completed generate/initiate a new workflow. Is this doable? What are system generated workflows? How do those work? Is this only doable with Event Manager or can E-synergy it self automatically start a workflow once another one is completed!!!? This would be awesome becasue then you could have as many steps in a workflow as you want and not only limited to 4. I don't like to use assign!!!

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sytem generated workflows #815

• ultrav375
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
THis can be done with event manager - I am currently using it to create followup requests that show up in someones workflow based on a followup date and completed request. I believe that in version 370/372 of eSynergy you will be able to have a workflow generated on another workflow's completion.
See - document 14.935.184 on Exact's support site
Celeste

Sytem generated workflows #816

• be05x5
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
thanks. I already started it...

Sytem generated workflows #831

• blukni
  • Fresh Boarder
In ES372 you can create a Workflow Process Flow using up to 5 requests. I present this in the class Managing your Business Process with Workflow and there is an OnDemand class defining this procedure.
John C. Williams

Synergy

5 stages of 4 rigid steps is still too constraining #985

• rus_hajek
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I believe this is the #1 Limitation with Synergy: The 4 step workflow (Create, Approve, Realize and Process). Even stringing 5 workflows together isnt going to help in most cases.

Synergy needs a major re-design (or purchase a 3rd party company) to allow X steps with flow control at each step.

I'm faced with roadblocks at every turn for what should be a straightforward implementation.

EXAMPLE:

Capital equipment can be requested by anyone. The approver is their Manager. The Op Mgr then approves followed by the President.

But what if the Op Mgr creates the request? Well then his Mgr (The president) approves and then it goes back to the Op Mgr (ie the Creator). Then it goes back to the President who already approved.

Some simple embedded logic could save 2 steps.

I'm thinking the workaround is to create a special version of the workflow for my boss (the Operations Mgr) and his Boss (the President). Actually I'd need 3 new versions. Ugh!

Another alternative I guess would be to intercept it in Event Mgr and if Op Mgr submits do an autoapprove (if possible) .... just too much extra work and thought to something that could be more intuitive.

I worked with such a product 15 years ago! which is what makes this so frustrating.
Russell Hajek
Rus_Hajek@yahoo.com
ERP Manager, Omron
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds