Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: lead vs prospect

lead vs prospect #379

• sharonfd
  • Fresh Boarder
Are there any functional differences between a Lead vs a Prospect? Can both be turned into either a Customer or a Reseller?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

lead vs prospect #380

• Kruegeme
  • Expert Boarder
If I remember correctly, they have to be a prospect before you can tie into the Macola ES customer number for integrated environments.

lead vs prospect #397

• SLeete
  • Senior Boarder
The issue of whether or not an account from Exact e-Synergy in Macola ES is more an issue of whether or not a customer code has been assigned in the financial section of the e-Synergy account card than it is of the account type. Even a lead in e-Synergy can show up in Macola ES if you assign a customer code (however, in Macola ES that lead will indicate that it is an associate, not a lead. I have no idea why).

There is also value in using the Suspect-->Lead-->Prospect-->Customer categorization from a sales process perspective. For example, Suspect could refer to a generic marketing list or "cold lead". Lead can be used for accounts that are actually being pursued. Prospect would be an account that you expect to do business with.

There is also a background job BLCustomerStatus.exe (doc 00.810.575) that can search for leads with a sales forecast and automatically convert them to a prospect. It also does some other neat things that are described in the above document and in the e-Synergy Implementation Manual: System Configuration.

Hope that helps,

Scott
Scott Leete
Presales, Principal

Exact Software North America LLC

T +1 407 602 6088
F +1 866 544 5456
scott.leete@exact.com
http://www.exact.com
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds