Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Integrating e-synergy with existing Macola ES company

Integrating e-synergy with existing Macola ES company #254

• MDevine
  • Fresh Boarder
Our company has recently acquired another company that we have now set up as a Macola ES company. Our main company in Macola ES is integrated with e-synergy and we wish to perform the same type of integration on the newly acquired company. I've setup a virtual directory and I've modified the baco.cfg file. When I point my browser to the virtual directory on the e-synergy site, I get web views.

It seems like the license file is not being read.

Does anyone have a suggestion?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Integrating e-synergy with existing Macola ES company #255

• KellyC
  • Junior Boarder
Hello,

You are correct, you are unable to link your new instance of Macola ES because of the license file. Your existing license file currently has a license item on it that means it is an integrated Macola/ES. This means one Macola back-office links to an e-Synergy with a singular division. In order to add further back-offices instances, the license would have to be updated to allow for multiple divisions within e-Synergy. But it is a bit more complicated than just obtaining a new license.

In short, the implementation methodology and functional behaviors for a "consolidated" vs. an "Integrated" scenario is quite different.

There are two further implementation considerations you should seek advice on as they will require some planning and knowledgable assistance to deploy:
1. you may integrate your new Macola ES back office company into a single division e-synergy as with your existing installation, then consolidate them both into a multi-division e-Synergy it this is beneficial for reporting, workflow, documents, etc.
2. Alternately, you may choose to link both back-offices into the multi-divisional e-synergy without the middle layer of one-to-one integration.

Either scenario requires more detailed explaination of the structure. Success will lie in the planning.

Best luck!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.026 seconds