Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Batch upload of scanned PDF documents

Batch upload of scanned PDF documents #251

• zakharm
  • Fresh Boarder
We have a large number of documents that we need to scan in and upload to eSynergy in an automated manner. Each document needs to be tagged with an item # and a vendor #.

I'm aware that eSynergy can batch upload from certain Xerox and Hp scanners, but they seem to be very expensive (in the $2-3k range). We're just a small company and want to use a cheap scanner.

What are my options to scan, tag and upload these docs in an automated fashion?

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Batch upload of scanned PDF documents #265

• SLeete
  • Senior Boarder
I would recommend using the e-Synergy Add-in for Microsoft Word. This add-in has a batch upload component that allows you to upload any type of file not just Word documents (i.e. picture, Excel files, PDFs etc.) Once the files or directory structures are selected you then have the same choices as the normal Word-add-in to select whatever parameters are defined by the document category structure or document type--these could include the Item number and account (vendor) information that you need.
Scott Leete
Presales, Principal

Exact Software North America LLC

T +1 407 602 6088
F +1 866 544 5456
scott.leete@exact.com
http://www.exact.com

Batch upload of scanned PDF documents #705

• rkochis
  • Fresh Boarder
Using the technique desribed by SLeete, I may a have "front end" solution for you to try that is inexpensive, works with any scanning device and has many high end "batching" capabilities;e.g., barcode 1D/2D, zone OCR with ODBC connectivity, create searchable PDF's, forms recognition, etc. etc. For more information you may visit www.captureplusdms.com.
Regards
Randall Kochis
610 436 6002

Batch upload of scanned PDF documents #709

• sharonfd
  • Fresh Boarder
There is also a program made by Exact called scan2exact. Check out document 12.082.899 on Exact's customer portal for details. This will allow you use any scanner. I am thinking about using this, but have not put on the top of the priority list.
Sharon

Batch upload of scanned PDF documents #711

• rkochis
  • Fresh Boarder
This application automatically processes documents that have an associated .xml file that contains all the required Exact "indexes"/properties. Products like "Capture Plus" (www.captureplusdms.com) can create the .xml after performing zone OCR, barcode reading (1D/2D), Forms Recognition, database validation, etc. As at a low, cost effective "front end" solution to eSnergy users who wish to perform batch processing of documents should visit the web site.

Batch upload of scanned PDF documents #1148

• Dkloepfer
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Any further discussion of uploading documents from Canon Scanners? One of our customers is extremely interested in this functionality and I do not want to reinvent the wheel, if someone has a solution for Canon high speed multifunction units.
Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Dave Kloepfer
www.synergyexpert.com
Dave Kloepfer
http://www.synergyexpert.com
dkloepfer@synergyexpert.com
[url=http://www.synergyexpert.com:2v9xq3t1]Tips, Tools & Manuals[/url]

Batch upload of scanned PDF documents #1174

In this case there is more than one way which leads to Rome.

For the Scan2Exact process there are 2 basic inputs:
-A scanned file (PDF,TIF).
-An XML file containing whatever metadata you want to upload with the document. A basic rule of thumb, if you can attach an entity when manually creating a document you can put in the upload.
The rest is then configuration.

The question is do you have a scanning solution which can create an xml-file?

Also there are more advanced (so also more expensive) solutions which can do OCR, get data from the synergy DB to be used during scanning, etc. But from your post I see that is not what you are looking for.
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds