Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mandatory Document Approver with Synergy Enterprise

Mandatory Document Approver with Synergy Enterprise #2409

• Rush Duncan
  • Junior Boarder
Hello, we are running Synergy Enterprise 248. All new documents are requiring a document approver and are hanging up in the pending stage. We have turned off the document approval requirement in the document types and have even removed the role from any person. Documents are still getting stuck in the pending stage with the message "there is no user with sufficient rights to approve this document" even though the requirement is turned off.

Is there a setting I am missing? We don't need a document approver in our organization. Is this mandatory in Enterprise whether you wish it or not?

UPDATE
After more testing we discovered:
- With the above settings, documents posted at security level 10 (internal) do not require approval, however,
- Any documents posted at a security level lower than 10 require approval by default and will hang in the pending stage with the message "there is no user with sufficient rights to approve this document" even with the requirment is turned off in document type and the role removed

Now my question is - does anyone know what is triggering this on the back end? A document with a security level lower than 10 requires mandatory document approval that overrides all other settings and roles?
Superfeet Worldwide, Inc.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.024 seconds