Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Printing Synergy Documents - What the ....?

Printing Synergy Documents - What the ....? #2314

• dcase
  • Fresh Boarder
So I discovered a problem in our environment.

I am migrating all our internal documentation to Synergy as I speak. This includes things like forms, work instructions, job descriptions, procedures, etc.. I do have a problem with the way the print preview window is displayed. According to Synergy consultants there is absolutely no way to print the document with the document # (or any other information for that matter) unless you manually key it in to the document.

What the hell is the point of having a document management system if you can include pertinent information with the document itself when printing? Let’s say I print out a work instruction to post at a machine, how in the world am I supposed to identify what document it is, the date it was printed, revision date or anything of the sort?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Printing Synergy Documents - What the ....? #2315

• wynohrad
  • Junior Boarder
David,

Not sure who the consultant is, but there is a way to handle this. You need to give your document types a layout. Go to document - setup - layout - document. You have to define what you want to print for which document type or come up with one standard for all document types and apply that layout. Once you get that far, use the help in synergy to get the definitions and process for applying and creating layouts. If you paid the consultant, have them show you layouts for no charge!!! It is not hard once you get the hang of it.

If you use ESE, you need to go to your preferences and turn on layouts in print mode.

Tony
Tony Wynohrad
Business Director
Gamma Vacuum

Printing Synergy Documents - What the ....? #2317

• dcase
  • Fresh Boarder
Tony,

Oh my god... that was so easy I configured my layout to be printing exactly the way I want in under 10 minutes! I have actually had two different consultants and they both said it was impossible, with out inserting the information into the document itself. Now I just have to figure out what to do with my remaining consulting hours if I can't get too "advanced" with my questions.

Thanks again Tony!

Dave Case
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds