Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Synergy ASP - Obfuscate Input?

Synergy ASP - Obfuscate Input? #2250

• jbielot
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

Is there any way to obfuscate input when designing a Synergy ASP (v9.5.400) form? We're designing a workflow where we want the user to enter some confidential information so we do not want it echo'd to the screen in a readable manner.

Thanks.

John
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Synergy ASP - Obfuscate Input? #2252

• Dkloepfer
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
John,

If I understand your question properly, when a Resource is entering information into a specific field into a workflow request, you would like the screen display to show asterics (as an example) for each character entered.

In all my work with standard Synergy ASP or Synergy Enterprise, this is not possible.

An alternative would be to create a custom asp entry screen, with fields and code behind it to enter the information in. I would recommend building an auxilliary table in sql with this information. You may want to link that table and the absences table together. Now as the information is going into the sql table, it should be stored as entered (not asterics). If you decide to enter the information into the Absences sql table, many of the standard searches or pivot analysis tools could display information which should be hidden.

If most of the information needs to be in a workflow request, I would use the event manager to create a request, and not display any of the sensitive information (which I believe should be in a seperate table for security).

I would suggest building a custom asp list page to provide to specific resources that would allow them to gather the information the the Absences and other sql table.
Dave Kloepfer
http://www.synergyexpert.com
dkloepfer@synergyexpert.com
[url=http://www.synergyexpert.com:2v9xq3t1]Tips, Tools & Manuals[/url]

Synergy ASP - Obfuscate Input? #2263

• jbielot
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Dave! I had assumed as much but wanted to see if anyone else had come up with something creative. :)
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds