Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How long does the red "new" icon last for documents?

How long does the red "new" icon last for documents? #1585

• Rush Duncan
  • Junior Boarder
Hey ya'll,

This might be an easy question for the group. We are on Synergy 9.5.2. From your homepage, if you click on the "documents" icon at the top menu, you can view by document category and there are red "New" links next to the categories with new documents posted.

Does anyone know what the parameters are for the red "New" alert? At what point does it go away in other words? It doesn't seem to go away after you drill into the document and view it. Is it related to a timeframe? Or does it depend on settings on the back end?

Thank you!
See you at Engage!!!

UPDATE:
I think I may have found my own answer to this from a doc on the Exact North America Portal: 01.157.836 From the doc:

When you create a new document in Exact Synegy, it will be reflected in the document category screen as "New" together with the number of new documents that are created.

The background job, "BDscheduler.exe" is responsible to clear the statistics and also remove the word "New" in the document category. The next time when you create a new document, the word "New" will appear again. So this is only when you create a "new" document, if the backgroud job operates correctly. If the new documents remain new, no matter how long they are created, you should look at the background job. This can be done by a person who has administrator rghts on the SQL server. If you want to make the changes and do not know how, you can read the document on the BDScheduler.exe.
Superfeet Worldwide, Inc.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How long does the red "new" icon last for documents? #1591

So the answer is that it is new until the BdScheduler runs again? That would makse sense.
Ann Roos Hayner
Omaha NE
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.026 seconds