Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Internet Explorer update causing errors in eSynergy 372

Internet Explorer update causing errors in eSynergy 372 #1343

• zakharm
  • Fresh Boarder
As of yesterday, we started seeing users throughout our company having problems in eSynergy (batch 372) because of the latest updates to Internet Explorer. I'm still trying to identify which update is causing this, but I'm seeing it in IE6, 7 & 8.

Here is an example of where we are having problems:
  • Go into Search: Requests
  • Click on anything that causes a pop-up like Category or Type
  • Choose a Category from the pop-up
  • At this point a Type Mismatch error is thrown and you cannot select a category

Anyone else seeing this?
Last Edit: by zakharm.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Internet Explorer update causing errors in eSynergy 372 #1344

Confirmed, we're getting the error as well.

--Nick

Internet Explorer update causing errors in eSynergy 372 #1345

• zakharm
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok, I've identified the update causing the problem as KB974455.

Once you remove that, the error goes away. I was able to go to Add / Remove programs, check "Show Updates" in the top right.

Scroll all the way to the bottom and look for "Windows XP - Software Updates" (IE6) or "Internet Explorer" (IE7/8), then find "Security Updates for Windows XP (KB974455)" > Click "Remove" and then reboot when asked.

Exact is aware of the issue
https://customers.exact.nl/docs/DocView ... a939c98%7d

Removal of KB974455 instructions
https://customers.exact.nl/docs/DocView ... 56d1311%7d

Internet Explorer update causing errors in eSynergy 372 #1346

• HFBH
  • Fresh Boarder
I started uninstalling that particular update yesterday, but am seeing some machines that have automatically reinstalled it. Anyone else having this problem? (We even have automatic download turned off.) My thought is Microsoft pushed this with such importance that it's ignoring the individual settings.

Internet Explorer update causing errors in eSynergy 372 #1348

• zakharm
  • Fresh Boarder
I had to do this in a two step process, remove the update and then secondly make sure it doesn't come back.

After you remove the update you can mark it to not come back by going to Windows Update through Internet Explorer and then choose Custom > Find & uncheck Cumulative update KB974455 > Select something like "Don't show this update again."

Internet Explorer update causing errors in eSynergy 372 #1354

• be05x5
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
To solve this issue I removed the update. Then I right click on My Computer go to properties. Click on automatic updates and select Turn Off Automatic Updates radio button. This works for me.

Internet Explorer update causing errors in eSynergy 372 #1359

• Anonymous
To all who have had this issue:

This is an issue that was caused by the noted Security patch distributed as part of the Microsoft update process. We are working very closely with Microsoft on this issue and they are dilligently working to resolve the problem on their side. We are eagerly, as you are, awaiting the patch.

The temporary solutions suggested below are in fact the same solutions that Microsoft has recommended / suggested in the interim.

I encourage everyone to keep an eye on the Customer Portal where we will be posting updates as we know more.

Regards,

Matthew Bather
Product Manager

Internet Explorer update causing errors in eSynergy 372 #1392

FYI, Microsoft has corrected this bug in the security patch for Internet Explorer that caused these errors in Synergy.

There is a new update available via Windows Update that will correct the isssue. I have downloaded it and tested it successfully in our production environment.

Here is the related Microsoft knowledge base article for your reference: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=976749

Hope this helps,
--Nick

Internet Explorer update causing errors in eSynergy 372 #1393

• Anonymous
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the post. I received this information from Microsoft and our development team last night. We are just validating this and putting together a communication on this that we should see go out tomorrow. There is one caveat in that users must first have applied the original patch I believe.

Cheers

Matthew
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds