Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Document edit rights?

Document edit rights? #1278

• Allison
  • Junior Boarder
We are running v393 of Synergy. When we create documents, it seems that only the creator or a document administrator or administrator can edit the document. We want the document to be editable by anyone in the company.
We are using document types for these documents.
How do I allow everyone to edit documents of this type? Is there a way?

If you use the Use: Owner setting in the type, then it allows you to specify for each document created who can edit it. But we don't want to have to go into each document and manually set this. Is there a global setting for edit rights anywhere?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Document edit rights? #1281

• Dkloepfer
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Just a quick thought? Can you set up a role in Synergy that all employees could have assigned to themselves? The use of this role in the creation of the "New Document Types" for the specific Document Types might allow all of your Resources to edit thos documents.

Dave Kloepfer
dkloepfer@synergyexpert.com
Dave Kloepfer
http://www.synergyexpert.com
dkloepfer@synergyexpert.com
[url=http://www.synergyexpert.com:2v9xq3t1]Tips, Tools & Manuals[/url]

Document edit rights? #1285

• Allison
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks Dave,

That didn't work, but I then tried assigning that role to the subcategory used for this type of document. Adding a role to the subcategory allows anyone with that role to edit any documents within that subcategory. So as long as I can control who I want to edit specific documents at the subcategory level, I can use this function.

It does seem strange though that you can't control who can edit a document at the Document Type level.

Allison

Document edit rights? #1298

Allison - are you assigning a document approver role at the sub-category level? If so, that's an interesting way to solve this.

Another way would be to use the Event Manage and have it sweep the system for the creation of a particular document type in BacoDiscussions and have EM set the owner, OwnerType, And OwnerTypeValue fields to the values you want.

That might be a better solution.
Ann Roos Hayner
Omaha NE
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds