Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Office Add-in, Outlook 2003/2007 with no OST (offline) file

Office Add-in, Outlook 2003/2007 with no OST (offline) file #1191

Has anyone tried using the office add-in with no OST/PST (local email files)? I use Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2007, but do not want to synch email locally to my hard drive, so I turned off the OST file. Now when I try to do a Save/Save As, I get the error below. I've tried uninstalling/re-installing the add-in, both normally and forcefully, with no luck. I can duplicate the issue on any machine in our office with Outlook 2003 or 2007. If I turn offline synchronization back on in Outlook (and re-create my OST file), the add-in begins working again as usual.

I sent in the issue to Exact almost a year ago and received no solution. Any ideas?

Thanks,
--Nick
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Office Add-in, Outlook 2003/2007 with no OST (offline) file #1249

• Shawn
  • Senior Boarder
Let me do some quick testing and i will get back to you.

Shawn

Shawn Gamble
Information Services
979-778-0502 ext. 143
979-778-0408 fax
Shawn@igoergo.com
http://www.neutralposture.com

Women’s Business Enterprise

Office Add-in, Outlook 2003/2007 with no OST (offline) file #1250

• Shawn
  • Senior Boarder
I am trying to understand what you are trying to do.
What would be the purpose of an email account that can't function ?
.pst = local copy of mail data, The complete data set.
.ost = Exchange holds the data, but the local .ost holds data to be sent or to be recieved in the mean time.

An OST file (.ost) is an offline folder file in Microsoft Outlook. Offline folders make it possible for the user to work offline and then to synchronize changes with the Exchange server the next time they connect. The ability to work offline is useful in environments with limited or unreliable connectivity.

The only other alternative would be to work in a Pop3 enviornment which by definition would not work for Synergy Office addons, and still uses a .pst.

A strict IMAP connection should work as well.

The error you are listing is the same error you get, and or is simular to the "~method of Object Failed" error which is what happens when the COM becomes broken
Synergy addons are COM addons that need to have connectivity to the Domain to work. If this is broken then this type of message happens.
It could have some thing to do with how or what the settings are for the synergy are set in the addon settings.

I have delt with these issues in great amount of detail, if you want to get intouch with me about this and what might be going on
email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

* see also
https://customers.exact.nl/docs/DocView.aspx?Action=View&DocumentID={318E0126-E4A7-4644-9184-EBF41D6CA6E9}&noheader=1&nosubject=1
for office addin errors with solutions keep in mind they are basic suggestions

Shawn Gamble
Information Services
979-778-0502 ext. 143
979-778-0408 fax
Shawn@igoergo.com
http://www.neutralposture.com

Women’s Business Enterprise

Office Add-in, Outlook 2003/2007 with no OST (offline) file #1267

Shawn,

I am running Outlook w/ Exchange without having an offline folder (OST file) because I do not want my Outlook to synch a local file with the Exchange folders. The synching of a very large OST (4-5GB) will slow down any computer significantly, and since I'm always connected to our reliable, gigabit network, I use this method to speed things up. I am not using a POP3 setup, although the offline setup is very similar in theory, not in protocol.

I do not have any local email files, PST or OST.

I've seen errors before simliar to the "~method of Object Failed" errors you mention below, however I do not get any of these if I create an offline email file. I know my Synergy add-in settings are correct, I'm using the same settings on all other company machines, they all have offline folders and do not get any errors. Immediately when I disable offline folders, I begin receiving the errror I posted below. I've duplicated it with Outlook 2003 + 2007.

I've had to workaround it by saving the emails as documents and then uploading them to Synergy, a much lengthier process.

Thanks,
--Nick

Office Add-in, Outlook 2003/2007 with no OST (offline) file #1789

• zlatan24
  • Fresh Boarder
itdept@in-zone.com wrote:
Has anyone tried using the office add-in with no OST/PST (local email files)? I use Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2007, but do not want to synch email locally to my hard drive, so I turned off the OST file. Now when I try to do a Save/Save As, I get the error below. I've tried uninstalling/re-installing the add-in, both normally and forcefully, with no luck. I can duplicate the issue on any machine in our office with Outlook 2003 or 2007. If I turn offline synchronization back on in Outlook (and re-create my OST file), the add-in begins working again as usual.

I sent in the issue to Exact almost a year ago and received no solution. Any ideas?

Thanks,
--Nick

In MS Outlook I learn many good features. But unfortunately it hasn't one important thing such as recovery data. Therefore I entered in the Internet and observed an unusual software - convert office 2007 .pst to office 2000 .pst. The application astonished me because of it determined my proposition for seconds and completely without payment as far as I knew. What is more it showed me one of its capacities, it converted PST files of various formats to Microsoft Outlook 2000 format.

Office Add-in, Outlook 2003/2007 with no OST (offline) file #1807

• SLeete
  • Senior Boarder
@itdept@in-zone.com:

I find it troubling that you submitted this issue a year ago to Exact and not gotten your support issues taken care of. Please send me the support ticket (request) number and I will make sure that it gets resolved. However, you can also find the answer to your issues in the online help documentation for the add-in. Please see document number Document: 08.756.158 - Office Add-in Troubleshooting - Error messages.

Your specific issue is addressed in the error messages section:

Error : Object Variable or With block variable not set or 91 object variable or with block variable not set
Comments : This error can caused by different incidents in one of the MS Office Modules:

BACO.CFG settings are not correct
URL is settings is not correct
User has no rights
The use of a other than Latin Collation

Solution : Check if the BACO.CFG and URL settings are correct (Try via PowerPoint)
Please try to (de)activate the Office Add-in according to document 07.135.580 - "e-Synergy Office addin: How to (de)activate the e-Synergy office addin?".
If this fails please take following steps:
Make sure you have closed all Office programs (also check via Task Manager)
Uninstall the Add-In according to document 03.047.855 - "Office Add-in uninstall".
Check if all Add-in files and components are deleted via the DOS prompt. Document 03.599.851 - "Office add in files"
Reboot PC and reinstall Office Add-in. Document 00.877.618 - " Installation of the e-Synergy Office Add-in".
Reboot PC and try Office Add-in.

Hope that this helps.
Scott Leete
Presales, Principal

Exact Software North America LLC

T +1 407 602 6088
F +1 866 544 5456
scott.leete@exact.com
http://www.exact.com

Office Add-in, Outlook 2003/2007 with no OST (offline) file #1939

• zlatan24
  • Fresh Boarder
I have six brothers and sisters. And yesterday I received emails from them. I couldn't read theirs, because of something had happened with theirs. I decided to find the solution of this problem at the Inet and was lucky. Perhaps next software will be useful as a solution this problem as well as me - corrupted pst file utility.
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds