Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Creating fill-in forms within Synergy

Creating fill-in forms within Synergy #1128

• mmccarty
  • Fresh Boarder
Does anyone have any ideas for creating fillable forms that reside in Synergy? We've converted a lot of them into requests, but there are a few that have too many fields.

I've tried various ways of using Word (.doc and .dot) so that I can pull the CRM info into the form. This works great for letter templates, but Synergy does not retain the section protection on forms, so when a user wants to fill in the fields none of them are locked. Things like radio boxes, check boxes, and drop-down menus don't work. I've also tried Excel and Acrobat Forms Designer, but my goal is to eliminate the need for the user to re-enter all the CRM information.

We're on Batch 372.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Creating fill-in forms within Synergy #1130

• Dkloepfer
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Are you looking to input information into Synergy and need more fields that a standard request provides (such as a custom asp maintenance page) or are you trying to extract information from Synergy and export it such as a custom list asp page?

Both can be done with Synergy - Please let me know what you are trying to accomplish and I can try to steer you in the right direction.

Dave
http://www.synergyexpert.com
Dave Kloepfer
http://www.synergyexpert.com
dkloepfer@synergyexpert.com
[url=http://www.synergyexpert.com:2v9xq3t1]Tips, Tools & Manuals[/url]

Creating fill-in forms within Synergy #1132

• mmccarty
  • Fresh Boarder
Dave - I'm trying to take what used to be a paper form with a lot of fields and bring it into Synergy so that 1) it's tied to the account, and 2) the person entering the form information doesn't have to re-type all the CRM info (Acct, Company, Name, Address, etc.). I tried to upload the form as an attachment but neither PDF nor .DOC is allowed.

Creating fill-in forms within Synergy #1135

• Rush Duncan
  • Junior Boarder
Our HR Manager noted that she fills out a particular request exactly the same every month. What we ended up doing is posting a document on Synergy and adding it to her favorites. In the document we included a hyperlink that is set up to fill out the appropriate fields in the request.

The result is that the HR Manager pulls up the doc on her favorites, clicks the link, it brings up a pre-filled request, and she just has to click "submit."

Does that sound like a workable solution?
Superfeet Worldwide, Inc.
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds