Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Product/Shipping Labels

Product/Shipping Labels #2770

• tjbennett
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I need to find out what other Manufacturing companies do to print Product and Shipping labels. Is there a way from within Macola to print them, is there a third party program that others use, or do they use complete custom programs to print the Product and Shipping labels?

Right now we print out the work order (W/O) from Macola and send it to the shop. When they build the product they scan on the W/O and a customized Access database gets the information from Macola, assigns it a Serial Number and then the shop employee picks what product they need a label for. The database then decides what label to use and sends the data to a “Label Program” which loads the correct formatted label and prints the number of labels requested from the employee. It then prints out the shipping label for the product.

I guess my big question is, do other companies skip the middle part (scanning on the W/O in the shop to print the labels)?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gayarubus

Product/Shipping Labels #2778

• tjbennett
  • Fresh Boarder
Okay, so nobody prints Product labels. :ohmy:

Product/Shipping Labels #2780

• JBHills
  • Fresh Boarder
We do not print product labels from the system. I've looked into it extensively. If I had the funding, I would probably go with this URL below with "Advanced POP" so I could have the floor report production instead of the front office and get real time with my usage. Good Luck. More to buy...

www.wisys.com/Solutions/WarehouseManagementWMS.aspx

Product/Shipping Labels #2782

• tjbennett
  • Fresh Boarder
appreciate the response, thank you. We did think about that for a moment a few years ago I guess it's time to re-visit.
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds